[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XIV

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 18:41:04 UTC 2014

He nods, "Yes my parents were both Mages,  respectable ones my father was a line walker, and mother a ley line rifter. I had a wanderlust though I could have stayed back home and become part of the whole power structure but there was a whole world out there and through my studies I discovered there were more worlds then just our own. When I chose to be a Shifter it surprised everyone it is not generally considered one of the respectable arts because it goes beyond the world. I guess in a way were not too different we both like to see new places, you with skill and knowledge of the woodlands and me with my magic." His thumb caressed her hand.

"It took a long time to learn to be a Shifter, luckily my parents started me young learning the basics of magic.  I never knew any society lived or even could live without magic.  So the Coalition when I learned about it fascinated me. To me living without magic would be like taking my eyes and ears from me, they have become so much a part of me."

"I come from America too originally even though I settled down among the fey here for a while, their magic is quite different from what I am used to. They seem as much a part of the world of magic as dragons."

"What made you join the Coalition then ?  To see the world ? or protect humanity or something else ?"
He asked genuinely curious.