[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XIV

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 23:09:31 UTC 2014

> [...]

> chose to be a Shifter it surprised everyone it is not generally
> considered one of the respectable arts because it goes beyond the
> world. I guess in a way were not too different we both like to see
> new places, you with skill and knowledge of the woodlands and me with
> my magic." His thumb caressed her hand.
>
> "It took a long time to learn to be a Shifter, luckily my parents
> started me young learning the basics of magic. I never knew any
> society lived or even could live without magic. So the Coalition when
> I learned about it fascinated me. To me living without magic would be
> like taking my eyes and ears from me, they have become so much a part
> of me."
>
> "I come from America too originally even though I settled down among
> the fey here for a while, their magic is quite different from what I
> am used to. They seem as much a part of the world of magic as
> dragons."
>
> "What made you join the Coalition then ? To see the world ? or
> protect humanity or something else ?" He asked genuinely curious.

> "As a young girl, I wanted to be a wilderness scout. I always loved the
> wilderness," Alex responds. "The Coalition offered to train me for the
> wilderness. While most of the farm folks don't have the hatred of magic
> that city folk might, in general the Coalition did a lot of good. If
> not, we would get overrun quickly."
>
> "Lonestar is a bit different than Chi-Town," she continues. "We are
> expected to learn how to read and the value intelligence as much as
> following orders. My team was consider elite and we were sent north to
> help support forces which were suppose to attack the Xiticix. The troops
> which were suppose to support were prison scum, ill trained rabble. Our
> CO had pissed of somebody high up in the Chi-Town chain. He was killed
> and as he died asked me to get the survivors out. I was able to get
> several others out but unfortunately, I don't know where everybody else.
> I hope they are still alive though."
>
> "I have to be honest, while I don't have the hatred of magic that I have
> seen from others, magic did make me a bit nervous. Still does bother me
> a little bit," she adds. "Techno-wizards are generally the easiest
> because they generally use guns and armor, just boosted with magic."
>
> "I have heard a lot of stories about shifters?" she asks dubiously.
> "Tend to be considered more dangerous, more likely to deal with dark
> forces?"
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> Oz issues his orders to the sergeant and Jacek over the radio. "Tell
> the men they have leave for the evening but they are to report back to
> the ship before midnight. Use the buddy system; everybody going
> downside is responsible for their partner. No one is sleeping off
> ship; we'll come looking for anyone who decides to stay out past
> curfew. No guard duty tonight; we'll let the sailors stand their own

[GM]
"You heard Sir Oz, lads!" the sergeant shouts. "Have some fun, but not
too much fun, and watch yerselves. This is an allied settlement, an'
we're on the King's business!"

Jacek gives similar orders, in a grimmer and more ominous tone. "Make
no fools of yourselves, and like the Lord Commander says, be back by
midnight."
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> The German knight looks over at Ithdalkal and gestures at the town.
> "Have you been in an English country town before? This would be a good
> opportunity for you to have a controlled encounter with civilians, if
> you care to accompany me."
> [/Oz]

[Ithdalkal]
The blind warrior woman lights up. "Yes." she says. "I would like that."
[/Ithdalkal]

OOC: I'm assuming Oz won't object to going into the town.

> [Ted]
> Ted decides to remain aboard tonight.
> [/Ted]

[Louissa]
Though Louissa momentarily seems to want to go into the town, she too
opts to stay aboard.
[/Louissa]

OOC: Okay, I'm splitting the group up. Oz (along with Ithdalkal),
Alex, Vesper, and Oz's soldiers and mercenaries will go into town,
while Ted and Louissa will remain onboard. I haven't heard from Anne
yet, so her player can decide which she does and post it into the
appropriate thread.

mightymartianca at gmail.com