[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XV - Wales

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 19:13:16 UTC 2014

>> [GM]
>> There's a whistle, and the figures stop advancing. Suddenly one of the
>> figures advance into view. It is a dwarf in what looks to be camouflage
>> armor similar to Oz's. The dwarf raises a hand and says "If you are
>> Splugorth, I did, but so do you. Name yourselves." The voice is female.
>> "Are you invaders or friends?"

> "Were not of the Splugorth. Who are you ?"

> The ex-Coalition ranger keeps quiet at the moment and lets Vesper speak.
> She will keep a count on where the Dwarves are in case this becomes a
> hairball
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> Like Alex, Oz remains silent and hidden, letting Vesper speak for them
> and keep the dwarves' attention. He does draw his shotgun off his
> back, though, slowly and as silently as he can manage.
> [/Oz]

> [Ted]
> Ted keeps his rifle ready, but lowered, while listening to the exchange.

The answer is a few tense moments in coming. "We are what's left of
the defenders of this settlement." the female dwarf answers. "We are
preparing are final assault. Doubtless we shall die in the battle, but
our death will be glorious."

Another dwarf, who sounds rather young, pipes up "Unless you've got
some better idea!"

>> Meanwhile, as Anne is trying to watch what is going on, there's a loud
>> THUNK on the hull of the ship. One of the crew shouts "Someone has
>> attached a rope or line of some kind!"
>>  [/GM]

> [Anne]
> Anne leaves her rifle where it is, as it's too cumbersome for a boarding
> action. She draws her sidearm, and looks over the rail nearest where the
> noise came from. If she can see the top of the attached line from where she
> is, she'll hold position. If she can't see it, she'll climb over the rail and move
> down the hull until she can -- to anyone watching the latter action, she
> seems to be walking and standing on the hull in a way that defies gravity.
> [/Anne]

[GM]
She sees three dwarfs, in heavy armor, hoisting themselves up the
line, while another, on the ground, seems to be preparing to fire
another grappling line.

All of them stop as soon as they Anne.

mightymartianca at gmail.com