[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XV - Wales

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 20:40:04 UTC 2014

>> [GM]
>> The rest of the dwarfs, thirteen in total, walk out into the open.
>>
>> The female dwarf, who seems to be the leader, thinks for a moment. "We
>> have a number of secret entrances. We don't know precisely what it
>> looks like on the inside of the walls. Perhaps, if you would work with
>> us, we could at least get some idea of how many Splugorth are here. We
>> know a number of units left a short while ago, heading back eastward
>> towards England."
>>
>> As the female dwarf speaks, Oz's sergeant radios him. *Sir, we have
>> three dwarfs here who are requesting our assistance under a mutual
>> defense treaty. I can't say if New Camelot even has such a treaty with
>> these people."

> Cautiously, Alex responds, "We might be able to help with that.

The female dwarf nods. "With your assistance, perhaps we can find a
strategy that ends in success." she says.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz radios back with his helmet visor closed, so the dwarves outside
> can't hear. "Yes, sergeant, I think we're about to come to arrangement
> on that here. The ones here mentioned going out in a blaze of glory.
> I'm not interested. Make sure they know you need to ask your commander
> before any decisions get made; that should slow things down a bit at
> your end."
>
> "Other than that they seem to be friendly, so don't antagonize them.
> If they need food or want to shelter on the ship give them what they
> need. Put a strong watch on the helm and the engine room if you let
> them aboard, though."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
*Aye sir," the sergeant replies. *We'll extend them all the
courtesies, and make them aware of the chain of command. And, thanks
to our friend Anne here, two... no make that three now, are already
aboard. Not exactly the way I'd done it, but there it is. Out.*
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Once he's done talking to his sergeant, Oz stows his weapons, powers
> down his suit's stealth field, and comes out of the bushes with his
> hands raised. "I'm with him," he says as he gestures at Vesper. "I'd
> love to get inside and get a better idea of what we're facing. Then we
> can talk next steps."
> [/Oz]

> [Vesper]
> "Though I have some methods that might get us in, our best bet is
> working with the locals to find out places that I might be able to portal
> us in from. We need as many details as we can get before we even
> risk a scout mission."

"Very well." female dwarf says. "Let me introduce myself. I am Therane
of Clan Marand. My father, who died in the defense of our younglings,
was chieftain of the clan, so now, I am, at least until the clan can
pick a new chieftain, am acting in his place. My lieutenant is my
cousin, Skald."

The other dwarf, who was less willing to die, bows. "I am Skald son
Skarn son of Molk, founder of our clan, and I'm at your service."

Skarn straightens up. "The nearest secret entrance is about five
hundred of your meters that way." He points roughly northward.
Unfortunately there is a Kydian patrol that has set up a watch post
about half way there. Some of you seem to move with great secrecy. If
that watch post could be dealt with quietly and quickly, we could make
it to the entrance."

mightymartianca at gmail.com