[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XV - Wales

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Wed Jun 11 19:38:26 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 00:25, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [Ithdalkal]
>
> The Blind Warrior woman interjects. "I do not know Anne's race, but I
> do know the Splugorth trade with many races. It is as Anne says; the
> Splugorth are wicked, but they do represent one of the Megaverse's
> greatest trading networks, and many worlds, good and evil, out of
> necessity, must work with them. And if you should distrust her, then
> you should distrust me, for I am a Minion, a servant up to a few days
> ago. Perhaps, being on good terms with Lord Splynn, she may be of some
> use to us."
> [/Ithdalkal]

[Alex]
"I don't worry too much, I just wanted to ask directly," Alex responds.
"I could be some deep cover agent for the Coalition after all. Granted,
I am not that good, but could all be part of the trick."

> [GM]
> The conversation is interrupted by the leyline ship starting to move,
> heading back towards the ley line. Soon enough it is back on the ley
> line, and moving westward towards Wales at great speed, leaving behind
> the Abbey, the Kydians, and, at least for the moment pursuit.
>
> In fact, for the first time since the Millennium Tree, everyone can
> relax, or at least try to. The ship moves through the night, through a
> land of snow-covered trees and hills; entering the land that was once
> Wales around midnight.
>
> It is after dawn that Neeson comes to the company and informs them "We
> may have a problem."
>
> She leads them on deck and let's them look through a telescope. In the
> distance is the walls of some great stone city, dug out of a round
> Welsh mountain. But while the city looks like it could host hundreds,
> if not thousands, it looks deserted, and thin columns of smoke rise
> from it.
>
> "This is where the cold iron you seek is kept." Need on says. "But I
> fear the worst, and do not wish to get any closer."

"Maybe hit the ground and walk from here while you stay back?" the
Ranger suggests. "Maybe we can find some of the cold iron on our own."

"those who burn books will, in the end, burn people."
- Written by Poet Heinrich Heine whose books were burned
by the Nazis

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.com
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/