[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper, Alex, Anne, Oz and Ithdalkal] Book 3 - Chapter XIV - Belmont Abbey

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:11:55 UTC 2014

> [Vesper]
> "We may find ourselves in Germany eventually,  Sir Oz, how
> much time do you think we have here ?"
>
> He turned to the man as in truth he didn't know how long they
>  would have before their ship set off again for the Dwarven conclave.

> "What are such things worth, I don't know? That is a lot in value of
> rifles and body armor but not sure how much magic items are normal
> valued?" the red headed scout asks Vesper.
>
> Otherwise, with a bit of money, she is thinking about shopping for some
> additional grenades.

Keldon [the octopus-like D-Bee] shrugs his tentacles. "It depends on
what they are, but out here, one can make an awfully good living if
they know a bit of technowizardy or enchantment."
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz shook his head. "I don't think our captain is planning on staying
> any longer than he has to. I wouldn't count on us being here past
> tomorrow morning." The German knight shrugged apologetically at the
> archbishop. "We're all concerned about the Splugorth, you see."
>
> He pursed his lips. "You mentioned allies... may I ask what allies
> those might be, your Grace? I'm sorry, it's just that I saw how easily
> the invaders laid waste to New Avalon, and we all know how powerful
> and dedicated her defenders were."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The Archbishop stiffens for a moment, and his face turns slightly red.

"The foreign relations of Belmont Abbey and her allies are not New
Camelot's to know by right." he says angrily. "For too long I've put
up with Arr'thu, and before him Ebor, butting in our affairs."

The Archbishop calms himself down. "Excuse me." he says. "It's been a
long day, and my nerves are a bit frayed. The potential for invasion
wears even the Lord's most faithful servants down. If you are in
communication with the King, by all means let him know that we are
prepared as we have managed to be, and we pray for deliverance."

The Archbishop seems ready to dismiss the company when he seems to
pause, as if distracted. His eyes crinkle a bit, on the verge of some
sort of an emotion, but then the beatific smile returns. "I feel
simply terrible about my tantrum. I insist, Sir Osmar, that you allow
me to make amends. I'm having a rather late dinner, and you're all
invited. I won't take no for an answer."

mightymartianca at gmail.com