[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper, Alex, Oz and Ithdalkal] Book 3 - Chapter XIV - Belmont Abbey

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 20:14:09 UTC 2014

[Vesper]
Vesper nods to Keldon taking the amulet.  "Ok everyone another portal to take us to Keldon's shop and then we can get out of here.  I think this city is going to fall since the Archbishop failed to just turn us over. Someone needs to warn the whole town." Vesper focuses on the amulet to bring everyone who wants with him. "Alex come with me."
[/Vesper]

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:07 PM, Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

>> [GM]
>> As each member of the company steps through the portal, they find
>> themselves standing in the middle of a well-manicured lawn, next to a
>> little pond with a fountain in the middle of it. Small ornamental
>> trees surround them, but through the branches they can see the
>> building they just exited.
>>
>> As Alex steps through the portal, Ted's voice comes over the comm.
>>
>> "Alex, can you read me?" he asks.
>>
>> As Ted is radioing Alex, Oz's sergeant is radioing him. "We're out!"
>> the sergeant says, his voice strained. "Lost a few lads. Somehow or
>> other a damned Splugorth platoon was hiding out here. I'm afraid
>> you'll have to give our apologies to the Archbishop, we blew up a
>> brothel and a pub in our escape!"
>>
>> Just as Vesper is ready to close the portal, one last person leaps
>> through. To everyone's surprise, it's the Archbishop!
>>
>> While gunfire can be heard elsewhere in the town, there seems to be no
>> immediate threat. Vesper's quick thinking has bought them at least a
>> few precious minutes, but they'll have to get over the bridge to the
>> other side of the river to get to the TW ship.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "Head for the bridge! Run!" Oz waves everyone forward, not bothering
> with the archbishop for the moment. Over the radio, he responds to the
> sergeant. "Is the ship secure, sergeant!? That is our only way out of
> here. It's our top priority!"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The sergeant responds ~Don't know, sir! It looks clear from here.
We'll be there in a minute.~

> "Oz I want to help Keldon save his sons, can we bring them with us ?
> Keldon do you need help ? You know this city better then I do. Could
> you get us to our ship quickly from your shop ?"
> [/Vesper]

[Keldon]
Keldon nods, wiping yellowish tears from his eyes. "Yes... yes I think
so. My sons... we must save my sons..."
[/Keldon]

> [Alex]
> Alex radios back to Ted, "Trying to contact me, what is going on. We
> have a hot zone here."
>
> At the same time, Alex will be moving from area of cover to area of cover
> With the situation, she suspects long range combat will be more likely
> so switches to her rifle.
> [/Alex]

OOC: Just a reminder that Ted is back on the ship.

> [Ted]
> Ted keeps his reply brief and to the point: "You guys are in trouble. Give
> me your location and Louissa and I will come get you back as soon as
> we can."

> "Would not recommend it currently. Just too hot. Anything in the air
> will be an immediate target. There are Atlantian forces all over the
> place," Alex responds. "If we can break into a safer place, maybe an
> extraction would be good there."
> [/Alex]

[Keldon]
Keldon seems to have recovered. "From my shop!" he says. He pulls out
a silvery rune-carved amulet from a sweater pocket and hands it to
Vesper. "This is a PPE battery. You should be able to get us back to
the shop with your spell and the power within."
[/Keldon]

> [Vesper]
> "I can get us out I can get us through a rift elsewhere."
> On the radio to Ted, "Get my items bring them with you."
> Vesper follows Alex.
> "Living on the run without a moments peace is really starting to piss
> me off."
> His anger not at her but at the situation shows on his face.

> "Really could be a curse that follows me," Alex responds. "Been my life
> since engaging the Xiticix,"
> She continues hunting for a safe path though, still a trained ranger
> [/Alex]

[Ithdalkal]
The Blind Warrior Woman runs over to assist Alex in trying to find a
path out of here.
[/Ithdalkal]

[GM]
There are a number of paths out of this garden, but it is a courtyard,
so all paths lead to the Abbey itself, or at least to gates to the
outside. Depending on the number of Splugorth minions, all or at least
the main exits may be covered.

Meanwhile the Archbishop is shouting "You must save me. I can give
your the location of enough wealth to keep all of you in luxury for
years, but if you want it, you must take me with you!"

Finally Oz's men contact him. "We're at the ship's landing pad. No
enemy in sight. We'll contact you as soon as we're aboard."

mightymartianca at gmail.com