[Taocow PBEM] Fwd: Book 3 - Chapter XIV - Belmont Abbey - REPOST

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed May 28 20:19:03 UTC 2014

OOC: hit send too soon, here's a bit more.

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa appears running down the deck, and gives Alex a big hug.
>> "Thank God!" she cries. "I thought we'd have to leave you behind. We
>> haven't seen hide nor hair of that odd woman, Anne, however."
>> [/Louissa]

>> [GM]
>> Oz's sergeant is behind her, only barely disguising his pleasure at
>> seeing his CO again. He salutes Oz. "Sir, we've sustained some
>> casualties, lost a couple of men, another two are wounded, one badly,
>> the other should be okay. But it looks like the Splugorth took out
>> most of the crew of this ship. The Captain is either dead or captured.
>> Currently, our pilot is addled fellow who suffered some sort of sharp
>> blow a few minutes ago, so I hope these crew you brought back can take
>> his place. I'll await your instructions, sir, as to whether we push on
>> to Wales to get the cold iron, or retreat back towards the Millennium
>> Tree."

> "Is everyone all right?" the lizard man asked, surveying the group for
> injuries. "We probably ought to clear the area before reinforcements arrive."

> "Can we go on?" Alex asks cautiously.
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> "We have to." Oz nods at the sergeant. "On to Wales, if we can." He
> turns to the sailors they'd brought aboard. "Can you operate the ship
> on your own?" If not, they were going to have to abandon ship just as
> quickly as they'd boarded.
> [/Oz]

> [Vesper]
> "Just Keldon's son was injured. We should evac others if possible."
> He looked down, "Unless they will leave the city alone once were gone but I
> am not so sure they will."
> He glanced back to Alex then to the others.

As Vesper speaks, Jacek the Borg, leaning on the rail, points out his
damaged leg and obliterated arm. "My injuries are not life
threatening, though until I can facilitate repair, I may be of limited
use."
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> "We have to." Oz nods at the sergeant. "On to Wales, if we can." He
> turns to the sailors they'd brought aboard. "Can you operate the ship
> on your own?" If not, they were going to have to abandon ship just as
> quickly as they'd boarded.
> [/Oz]

[Louissa]
"We have one man who can pilot it," Louissa says, "but he's, um, well,
a little confused right now due to a nasty bump on the head."
[/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> Alex suggests, "I we can at least get to a place with more cover, even
> if we have to go on foot from there, might be best idea."
> Nothing ever goes right so she is almost use to it these days. At least
> nobody has managed to kill her yet so she figures keep trying.

> "In my time, the Thames was a major river. Why not take the ship as far
> as it will go?" the lizard man suggested. "Once we get upstream and have
> to abandon the boat, we can just turn it around and put it on auto-pilot.
> That might throw off the Splugorth enough to buy us a day or two."
> [/Ted]

[Ithdalkal]
The Blind Warrior Woman shakes her head. "Back to that river leads to
the Splugorth. The lower reaches of the Thames are under the sway of
London."
[/Ithdalkal]

[GM]
One of the shp's crew that the company had just rescued speaks up. "I
can pilot the ship. First things first, we need to get this back on
the ley line. Second of all, we have cargo destined for the dwarf
colony in Wales. Even better, it's heading away from the Splugorth.
There are a lot of ley lines around here, and if there's some better
destination, we can get there a lot more safely than taking rivers
that might lead to more enemy territory."

"If you do want boats," she continues, "this town appears to have
several. I hate to lose a lot of well-armed and battle experienced
people, especially now that the Captain is..." at that point tears
begin to well up, and she has to pause a moment. "Look, we've lost
most of our crew, and with the Captain gone, this ship doesn't have an
owner. But neither does it have much money. I can recommend to what's
left of the crew that we go into some sort of partnership with you.
You provide security, we'll do our delivery, and then we cash out your
share, or stay on, or whatever. What do you all think?"
[/GM]

> [Anne]
> Anne, the newcomer, who had disappeared a few hours before back at the
> Abbey, suddenly leaps from the ground to the ship's deck.
> [/Anne]

[Louissa]
Louissa looks stunned. "Where did you come from? And where were you?"
[/Louissa]

[Ithdalkal]
The Blind Warrior Woman nods. "I had thought you had been taken
prisoner by the Kydians."
[/Ithdalkal]

mightymartianca at gmail.com