[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVI - Assault on the Kydians

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:56:08 UTC 2014

>>> [Alex]
>>> "I am not an expert with explosions but maybe some demolition charges
>>> could be set to deal with some of the attackers?
>>> [/Alex]

>> [GM]
>> Skarn nods. "Any other suggestions?" The young dwarf seems very conscious
>> that they need to move quickly to find the cold iron, but wants to free
>> as many of his people as possible.

> "I have an idea, how do you think they would react to a sniper making pot
> shots from around a kilometer away?" the red headed scout asks.  "My rifle
> has that kind of range and I have some additional protections.  Maybe have
> Vesper with me and teleport away when they start coming after us?"
>
> At the same with telepathy, she sends to Vesper, /The Tree gave me a wand,
> one that makes me immune to energy weapons.  As long as you are touching
> it, it gives the same protection as me.  We could create a massive
> disruption and disappear when they start sending people after us./

> Vesper nods to Alex, "I am for it. I want to help people I shudder at the
> thought of what these dwarves may have to endure.  I will stay with you,
> after all I am not much good for carrying a lot of cold iron."
> [/Vesper]

> ooc: The Wand can also provide him with 40 PPE which provides most of the
> energy he needs for a mystic portal.

> [Alex]
> Alex looks around at various locations, maybe a slightly raised hill,
> where she might sharp shoot from.
>
> "I cannot think of much else I might be able to do," the scout answers.
> "We are also going to probably get the hell out of there pretty quick."

They are in an alley right now, with the main street up ahead. There doesn't
appear to be any rise, safe the rooftops themselves.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> "So that's the distraction. What's the plan for the rest of us?" The
> German looks at the wall of the building in the direction they wanted to
> go, looking for an entry point.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
There are no ground level entrances on the walls of the building (except the
door they just came through). There are some windows on the second story,
about ten feet off the ground (dwarfs are a lot shorter than adult humans).

> "I can lead the frontal assault and rescue," the lizard man states. "If
> Alex and Vesper can wait until we are in position, the confusion should be
> enough for us to get the other Dwarves somewhere safer."

Skarn nods. "My people will join you on that assault. That should create
some confusion!"
[/GM]

OOC: So what I read here is that Alex is going to look for high ground
(which would appear to be the top of the buildings they are standing next
to), Ted will lead at least some dwarfs on a frontal assault, Vesper will go
with Alex, and Oz is still making up his mind.

mightymartianca at gmail.com