[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVI - Assault on the Kydians

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 19:57:18 UTC 2014

>> [OOC]
>> At the end of the second combat round, two Kydians [#2 and #3] are dead.
>> Ted has disarmed Kydian #1 and Kydian #4 remains caught in Vesper's net.
>>
>> Vesper is now on the ground below the platform.
>>
>> Oz is surveying the occupied dwarf settlement to see if the Splugorth
>> minions there are aware of the combat.  They don't seem to be yet, but it
>> cannot be much longer before they are.
>>
>> Ithdalkal is under orders to kill all but one of the Kydians. The Kydian
>> that Ted has disarmed [Kydian #1] is closest to her, so if not
>> countermanded, she likely go after that one.
>>
>> Back beyond the clearing, the dwarfs await the company's signal to
>> proceed.
>>
>> The GM considers this combat over.
>> [/OOC]

> [Alex]
> Via radio and on their own channel, Alex communicates back, "Hawk to team,
> Is all secure?"
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> Oz radios back to Alex. "We're done in here. Bring the dwarves. We can't
> have much time before someone notices this watchpost is empty."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The Sergeant, back on the ship, reports "Everything's quiet so far, but the
Commander's right. You'd best get a move on. Once they figure out that a
guard post is down, you can be sure you'll have Kydians and Kittani coming
in strength."

> "Do you speak Elvish?" the lizard man demands in that language, still
> holding the Kydian down.  He added, "My friends want to kill you, so be
> truthful and be quick."

The Kydian gives Ted a hateful look (or at least, it's probably a hateful
look, Kydians don't exactly look friendly at the best of times).

"I speak some." the Kydian says. "I is Sergeant Grathak-naka. Identification
number 7281919."
[/GM]

[Ithdalkal]
Ithdalkal hovers behind Ted, vibroblade in hand, hatred in her eyes. "He
will give you no more information. But if you let me have him for a minute,
he'll tell us his favorite flavor of krethek, and any secret he may hold."
[/Ithdalkal]

> [Vesper]
> "Anyone have a rope to help me get this one up there ?" He looked up to
> the others.
> [/Vesper]

[Louissa]
Louissa pulls a coil out of her pack. "Seventy five feet ought to be enough,
but what exactly are we going to do with them?"
[/Louissa]

[GM]
As this is all going on, the dwarves begin running over the bare ground and
towards the trees. One of them radios the company on a secure channel,
"We're going in! Are you all coming?"

mightymartianca at gmail.com