[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVI - Assault on the Kydians

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 04:09:47 UTC 2014

>>> [Vesper]
>>> "Anyone have a rope to help me get this one up there ?" He looked up to
>>> the others.
>>> [/Vesper]

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa pulls a coil out of her pack. "Seventy five feet ought to be
>> enough, but what exactly are we going to do with them?"
>> [/Louissa]

>> [GM]
>> As this is all going on, the dwarves begin running over the bare ground
>> and towards the trees.  One of them radios the company on a secure
>> channel, "We're going in!  Are you all coming?"

> Vesper ties the Kydian with the rope so they can pull him up.  Vesper then
> climbs up again.
>
> "I think we can maybe tie the bodies in place to make it look like the
> tower is still manned."

> "Only going to be very temporary however," the scout responds. Does not
> sound like she is against the idea.  "The Dwarves want to get moving as
> fast as possible."
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> Oz shrugged. "If we can do it quickly. We don't want to lose the
> dwarves. And they'll radio or telepathically communicate or whatever
> it is they do as soon as these don't respond."
> [/Oz]
>
> OOC: Did we already get a loot list from these guys? Oz would be happy
> to take some fancy tech weapons or portable force fields or the like.

[OOC]
All have the following equipment:
- Overlord power armor (Atlantis p. 123)
- K-500 Rail Gun:
   - Weight 80 lbs, Power Pack 30 lbs, Ammo Belt 25 lbs
   - Mega-damage: 30 round burst inflicts 6D6MD, 1 round does 1D4MD
   - Rate of Fire: standard
   - Max. Range: 4000 ft.
   - Payload: 390 round belt
- vibrosword
- rations
[/OOC]

>> [Ithdalkal]
>> Ithdalkal hovers behind Ted, vibroblade in hand, hatred in her eyes. "He
>> will give you no more information.  But if you let me have him for a
>> minute, he'll tell us his favorite flavor of krethek, and any secret he
>> may hold."
>> [/Ithdalkal]

> [Ted]
> Ted ignores Ithdalkal. Instead, he lowers his voice and asks the Kydian,
> "Do you know me?"
>
> OOC: I'll let you decide whether or not the others hear this.

The Kydian looks at Ted. "Is this a test?" he asks. "You are our high
commander."

Ted hears a click behind his head.
[/GM]

[Ithdalkal]
Ithdalkal has a gun pointed to Ted's head. "This lizard man is a traitor."
she says loudly so that everyone hears her. "Say what you will of him, but
act quickly, for I must destroy him."
[/Ithdalkal]

mightymartianca at gmail.com