[Taocow PBEM] Fwd: [Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:41:10 UTC 2015

>> [GM]
>> "It's a Malig," the boy replies. "They all look the same."
>>
>> The hatch swings open and two more of these so-called Maligs appear. The
>> first one points to where Ted and the boy are hiding. All three of them
>> start down the rickety rusty ladder. Despite their somewhat lumpy
>> appearance, the three creatures move with surprising speed and agility,
>> almost as if they have extra joints.
>>
>> As this is happening, Alex is again on the radio, but now the static is so
>> thick that Ted can't really hear what she's saying.
>>
>> Then the ground shifts again and the chamber seems to double focus.
>> Suddenly, only visible due to Ted's superior vision, there are two figures
>> in peering out of another pipe. To Ted's amazement it is himself and the
>> boy, except this version of Ted has a cybernetic arm and a great broadsword
>> with glowing runes in the other hand.
>>
>> The boy can't quite see who it is, but he points, "Who are those two?"

> Ted gives the other lizard man a puzzled look, momentarily unsure of what to
> do next. He glances back at the Maligs and then telepathically orders the
> boy to follow him as he moves in a crouch toward the other pipe.
>
> OOC: Note that Ted has a cybernetic eye with a built-on targeting sight and
> flashlight. His other, natural, eye is completely normal.

Ted notes that this other "Ted" has a cybernetic eye is well, though
it's one the other eye. It isn't a twin of Ted, and does not appear to
be his evil twin.

Then the other "Ted" communicates with Ted. "Who are you? Are you Ted
Smythe as well? I think one of us may have just been shifted from
another dimension."

And then the three creatures open fire on the other "Ted" and his
companion. A shot hits the alternative boy in the neck, and takes his
head off. Ted's companion cries out "That boy looked like me!"

The three Maligs swing around, realizing there are more than two
people in this chamber.

mightymartianca at gmail.com