[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 03:31:31 UTC 2015

>> [GM]
>> Alex throws a grenade at the next vehicle [Strike: Natural 20!,
>> Damage: 8MD]. While the vehicle is only lightly damaged, the grenade
>> tips it over.
>>
>> Meanwhile the survivors are hoisting themselves up the ladder. On the
>> ship, a number of crewmembers look rather distressed, and Oz gets a
>> hurried radio message, "Sir, we have maybe 30 or 40 civilians all
>> trying to get up the ladder. Should we let them aboard?"
>>
>> As Oz is hearing this, a rocket streaks towards the civilians, but
>> fortunately Vesper's protective shield is sufficient that the rocket
>> explodes harmlessly. Still, that can only last so long, and the
>> vehicles approach.
>>
>> The Sergeant comes over the radio, "Sir, the Captain says we have
>> enough in the batteries right now for a good thirty second's of full
>> fire. Should we proceed?"
>>
>> As this is going on, a Hoverbike appears and the pilot lands near
>> Alex's position. "We need to go now!" the pilot shouts at Alex.

> "I can perform an excorcism on that woman Oz.  I agree with
> Ted what happened is not her fault."
>
> Vesper said as he kept an eye as best he could on Alex so he
> could help in whatever manner he  could.

~Take her,~ the lizard man handed the woman to his
> doppelganger. ~We will figure out a rendezvous point and
> pick you up there,~ he added before climbing the ladder.

As she sees the hover bike about to land, Alex runs for the landing
> site. She has been extracted from a hot LZ in the past and knows
> the drill by now. keeping her rifle ready, "Ready, Lets go."
>
> As they take off, she does tap on the pilot's shoulder, "Thanks."
> Always good to be polite to fellow soldiers.
> [/Alex]

OOC: As Oz's player did not respond, I'm going to assume Oz gives the
go-ahead to open fire using the ship's onboard weapons against the
approaching Malig army.

[GM]
The ship's energy cannons blast fire and death on the incoming Maligs even
as the last people board the ship. The surviving Maligs flee, realizing
they're bested. What is left is blasted and burning vehicles, some barely
recognizable as such.

The deck of the ship is crowded with civilians huddled together. One of
them says "We a free..." and they all begin to chant "We are free... We are
free... We are free..."

Meanwhile below Ted can see his alter ego racing down the pyramid by the
stairs, with the woman in his arms. There are no visible enemies nearby.

Louissa, more herself, looks at Ted's twin and then turns to her
companions. "We can't just leave him and that poor women to die, or worse!"

mightymartianca at gmail.com