[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:47:43 UTC 2015

OOC: I imagine things are going to slow down quite a bit in the
summer, but I haven't seen any posts from anyone else, so I'm just
going to push ahead with Oz's.

>> [GM]
>> The creature leans to his companions and quietly whispers for a few
>> moments before turning back to Oz.
>>
>> "Yes, fem-males," it replies. "Your Captain look important, so part of
>> deal can be you keep her, but rest of fem-males for us. Or we attack,
>> and we take what's left. Up to you."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz nods to the creature. "Of course. We will have them assembled on
> deck in a few minutes. Please wait here so you can lead them back to
> the Big Chief." The knight commander walks away toward Jacek, speaking
> into his helmet radio.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The creature bows his hideous head. "We await your following of us
sayings," the creature says.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> "All women begin reporting to the main deck. If you have weapons
> capable of being concealed, bring them. And take your time, if you
> would. Sergeant, I want snipers searching for spotters in the hills.
> Take out any spotters they see. I want all four of these sorry
> bastards dead as soon as we're sure any watchers are neutralized."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Jacek and Sergeant both nod very slightly to show they've got the
message. Snipers, half New Camelot soldiers and half Jacek's
ex-bandits, move swiftly and quietly to their positions. It's a marvel
that just a few weeks ago, they were enemies, and now, under Oz's
guiding hand, they have become a single unit.

The females in the crew appear on deck. None appear armed, but a bulge
here and a glint of steel there shows they have armed themselves the
best they could. The creatures smile, revealing hideous discolored
teeth. They bow, and the leader says "This is bargain good, very very
good. Breeders healthy, yes."

And then the snipers open fire. There are cries from the hills, and a
few successful shots, one striking one of the women on the deck. The
enemy is using some sort of heavy particle beams, too heavy it would
seem to be carried by these flimsy little creatures. Another shot cuts
into the hull, and the deck lurches, sending many to the ground.

Meanwhile, Jacek himself is dealing with two of the horrible
creatures, his massive cybernetic arms gripping each one by the
throat, crushing their necks as blood pours on to his hands. A third
is choking as a vibroblade sticks out of its chest.

But the fourth creature, the apparent spokesman or leader, seems to
have slipped away, or disappeared.

mightymartianca at gmail.com