[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:11:07 UTC 2015

>>> [GM]
>>> The tubes appear to be some sort of TW gun, a hollow tube with a
>>> wooden trigger, but at the other end a small black box with a bundle
>>> of what look like old stereo wires leading to a small hole in the
>>> tube.
>>>
>>> The force field generators are a little more advanced, made out of
>>> mega-damage material. A small stamp on the bottom says "Naruni
>>> Enterprises".
>>>
>>> The people seem to think for a second. The leader finally nods, "What
>>> choice do we have? If we don't help, and you don't win, then we all
>>> suffer, maybe many die. But the Maligs have technology, an' their
>>> leader on the other side of the dimgate. We have to hit them before it
>>> opens, and, no offense, but two of you don't look like you can take on
>>> all those Maligs."
>>> [/GM]

>> [Alex]
>> "We might surprise you," states the red haired ranger. "I have been in worse
>> spots. " She is planning to radio the others is a few moments but has a few
>> questions first. "What is the actual number of the Maligs?"\
>> [/Alex]

> [GM]
> "Hundreds maybe," the man replies, obviously not certain. "Lots in
> their compound, an' they got others in other parts of the city, 'neath
> the dimgates. They had a big fight a couple of winters ago, and the
> Big Chief won, killed all the non-Maligs and runs most of the city. Or
> so we hear. We're supposed to report visitors, but a few traders make
> the risk so we can get better food."

> Vesper stores away the odd TW equipment and the Naruni products.
>
> "What is the big chief, is he a Malig ? You also mentioned the Dim
> gate, what is on the other side ?"

The man nods. "The big chief looks like a Malig, but he's big, so
maybe he's like some sort of super-malig, or demon in Malig clothes.
Who knows? But the Malig's follow him, do whatever he wants. They used
to be bad, but now they're really really bad, and demand more and more
breeders. Soon won't be any women left, and then what?"

"And what's behind the dimgate? Well, another dim, um, I guess you say
'dimension'. Don't know, only one of us who went there and came back
as Mad Walter. They forced him in because he'd tried to stop them
taking his daughter. When he came out, his skin was all red like he'd
spent a month in the sun, and all he could talk about was 'Library of
the Megverse' and something called 'The Slen'. Anyways, really crazy.
He lives by himself in one of the basements where the old autos are."

> "I have fought even larger groups in my time," the red headed ranger
> states. Of course she is not planning to tell them that it was a hopeless
> battle against the Xiticix.
>
> "Where would they have taken my friend and what are the numbers
> there?" she continues.

"Need an army, I think," the man says. "Maybe a hundred in there,
maybe more now that they're grabbing breeders."
[/GM]

Alex OOC: If she can get help from the other team members, what kind
of numbers can we muster on our side?

GM OOC: I'm assuming by this that Alex is contacting the ship and any
other companions.

[GM]
As they talk to the leader of these people, the ship radios back.
"What's your status? Sir Oz wants to pull out as soon as he can."

mightymartianca at gmail.com