[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Sat Nov 21 15:54:09 UTC 2015

[Alex]
Cautiously, Alex will put her armor clad had on the shoulder on the girl
who is hugging her leg.
Alex states, "I will do what I can but everybody needs to be ready to go
now."

Calling back to the ship, "Can we give these people an evac somewhere?'
[/Alex]

On 2015-11-19 01:15, Aaron Clausen wrote:
>>> [GM]
>>> Alex's shot isn't a particular good one, but the Malig leader is
>>> preoccupied with a bunch of poorly-armed but fairly angry human
>>> slaves, and doesn't see her fire. The shot hits him in the main
>>> body [Damage: 30MD]. The Malig, having no mega-damage protection,
>>> is blown into pieces.
>>>
>>> Immediately the human slaves start cheering, and in short order
>>> they have the remaining Maligs on the run, the attempted Malig
>>> rally broken.
>>>
>>> A number of humans immediately rally around Alex. "Help us!"
>>> one of them cries. Another shouts "Lead us, Great Lady! Lead us
>>> and our kin out of this place!"
>>>
>>> Soon, Alex has a good forty men, women and even a few children
>>> surrounding her, all pleading with her to help them.
>>> [/GM]
>> [Alex]
>> Quickly over the radio, "How about breaking the chain?"
>>
>> Turning back towards those who want them to lead them, "I am not
>> an officer, just a former corporal. Provided that the others are will, I
>> will see what we can do to help you however."
>>
>> At the same time, her rifle is still up and she scans for movement.
>> Does not trust that everything is settled.
>> [/Alex]
>> Alex OOC: I like to try to come up with a first impression response in
>> combat because that is more real but I had some issues (as a player)
>> digesting everything.
> OOC: Sorry. Things got a bit muddled up. I don't think I made it clear
> enough Alex didn't go up the pyramid.
>
> [GM]
> "Take us with you then!" others cry. "You can't leave us here. Even if
> you kill these Maligs, the others in the city will kill us."
>
> Even as they speak, suddenly a manhole cover pops open. With Alex's
> gun trained on it, a young boy and at least two dozen other people
> come streaming out.
>
> Someone shouts "This is the woman who will save us!" to which the
> people coming out of the sewer cheer. To Alex's amazement a young girl
> with hair almost Alex's color runs up to her, despite her weapons and
> armor, and hugs her leg.
>
> Alex is now staring at a good 60 to 65 people all gathering around
> her, all pleading to be taken away.
> [/GM]
>
> [...]
>
>> [Vesper]
>> Vesper seems relieved that Alex seems to be ok.
>>
>> Seeing the brown things rush to the rift he risks a shot at it with Alex
>> pump pistol. [Strike: 12, Damage: 18MD]
>> [/Vesper]
> [GM]
> Surprisingly, or perhaps not all that surprisingly, the brown veined
> thing isn't destroyed, and while it shows some scoring, and perhaps a
> faint sizzling, it continues upward, picking up the pace. It takes a
> second shot [Strike: 19, Damage: 15MD] before the thing is blown into
> a blackened smudge on the side of the pyramid.
> [/GM]

> [...]

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/