[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 19:53:58 UTC 2015

OOC: Okay, wow! That's a lot of back and forth!!!!!! For my own
sanity, and as everyone is in at least some sort of line of sight with
each other, I'm merging all threads back together.

> [...]
>> watches, he catches movement where the other Malig's came through the
>> manhole. He then sees Alex, Ted, a little boy, two men and a woman in
>> scraggy clothes, and then, surprisingly, what looks like another
>> lizard man exactly like Ted, except with a bionic eye, get out of the
>> manhole. The "other" Ted is saying something Vesper can't quite make
>> out to the Ted Vesper knows.

> Vesper motions them over, "This way."
>
> Waiting for them to make their way over.

> "Obviously, they plan on sacrificing Louissa to do whatever is on the other
> side of that rift," Ted says. "We need to get to the top of that pyramid
> without being seen--or, at least, not being stopped."

> "Any suggestions on how we might get up there?" Alex asks, her voice
> more or less business like. All the while, she is looking at options to get up
> there.

> "Well there is that super Mailg up there but I think you could climb the
> side of the pyramid. Alex you have any non energy rounds?
> Maybe you can shoot that weird brownish thing near the Malig. My
> familiars are trying to take the crown from him since I think that is
> how he is pulling our ship !"

> "Alex, will you cover Vesper and I? Perhaps we just need to sneak up
> there and get Louissa," the lizard man suggests, realizing there may be
> little they could do for any of the other prisoners.

> Hefting her rifle, "Covering is something I am good at."

> "I know," Ted replied with all seriousness. "How much time to would
> you need to get into position?"

> The former ranger looks around for a good spot/ Once she sees one,
> "Right there. Take me about 30 seconds."
>
> Without asking for confirmation, start heading over to her designated spot

> "I am up for storming the pyramid with Alex covering us. Though keep in
> mind I am trying to keep that rift from opening fully too. So I will rely on
> fire arms more then magic."
>
> Vesper unslings his rifle.  "Do you have a non energy spare weapon ?"

> Ted looks over the area (as best as his sixty-inch-height will let him)
> and suggests a route to Vesper that would allow them plenty of cover.

> Vesper follows Ted's lead and double times it from cover to cover.

> Before they charge, Alex states, "I have a pump pistol if you need it?"

> Vesper nods and smiles to Alex, "Thanks Alex. You take care of
> yourself too."
>
> He takes the gun gives one final smile looking back at her as he heads
> with Ted to scale the pyramid.
> [/Vesper}

> [Ted]
> Ted crouches behind the nearest cover, draws his sword and, when
> Vesper gives the signal, runs up the pyramid steps.

> With the Malig distracted by the oncoming ship Vesper signaled and
> made his way up the pyramid as well. Knowing the way from his
> familiars prior trip he focused his pump pistol on the brown throbbing
> thing near the Malig thinking perhaps it was a power source or some

[Meanwhile, on the ship...]

>> [GM]
>> The creature roars, clenches its fists together and the ship lurches
>> forward, no only a hundred feet from crashing into the pyramid and
>> closing fast.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "Railguns, missiles, solid projectiles. Dammit, I'd take arrows and
> rocks. Get me some help up here, people! Captain, do your best to
> keep us away from the pyramid, if you would. If we have anyone on
> board with magical or psychic powers to keep us from crashing I'll
> have a promotion for them if they can disrupt this thing's hold on
> our ship!" He continues to load and fire his rifle at the biological borg.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
As Oz speaks, he can finally see two of his companions; Ted and
Vesper, storming up the pyramid, Vesper aiming at the super-Malig with
what looks like a pump pistol.
[/GM]

OOC: Okay, this looks like combat, so I'm going to put that in the

mightymartianca at gmail.com