[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:36:17 UTC 2015

> [Vesper]
> On the radio, "Holding the rift to small size people need to move quickly to
> save our friend and others who are being sacrificed.
> Don't know how long I can hold the energy." Vesper casts some protective
> spells energy sphere for one to help expend some of
> the rampant energy he is absorbing.
> "Please hurry if you can."

It takes a good deal of concentration on Vesper's part to hold the
rift. There is some irony in using the power of the nexus to hold the
rift almost closed.

Then Vesper sees the leyline ship crest the smoldering magma-esque
remnants of the hill. He can see that Oz has placed every man who can
fire a gun along the rail and they, and the ship's main guns are
firing on the Maligs. A few Maligs return fire but most flee back into
the compound and then shut the gate. Within a minute or so the ship is
hovering over the compound.

And then, out of nowhere, a figure appears about half way up the
pyramid, at the ship's level. It's hard to tell from Vesper's
position, but this creature, a Malig by the looks of it, looks much
taller than any other Malig he's seen. It is naked, but he can see
something black, perhaps a crown, on its head, with a single blue
gemstone that blazes with ley line energy. The ship's defenders try to
fire on it, but their energy shots simply peter out several feet from
the creature.

This Malig then shouts out some incantation that Vesper cannot
recognize, clenches its fists, and then he sees the ship literally
being dragged at increasing speed towards the pyramid. In moments it
will crash.

mightymartianca at gmail.com