[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:02:33 UTC 2016

[GM]
Captain Neeson, commander of the leyline craft, decides to take a much
more indirect route, trying to avoid this ruined city with all its
human and inhuman threats. She finds a leyline about fifteen miles out
into the Irish Sea, which in this deathly cold winter is a vast plain
of ice, interrupted only by great ice mounts formed out of vast
pressure cracks.

The ley line heads steadily north westward, ever further out on to the
sea, giving the crew time to make their repairs as best they can. They
set the leyline ship down on a particular thick and stable area of
ice, and set about more complete repairs. The Captain estimates it
will be at least two days before she feels the ship will be ready,
giving the company some time to rest and relax, though the ship has
become a rather crowded place with everyone from a company of dwarfs
to mercenaries to New Camelot soldiers to 40-odd refugees to the New
Strathclyde mutineers, not to mention Lady Veronique and her three
companions. The cook has to enlist help and mutters about need for
restocking. Indeed, the larder is getting empty quite quickly.

The two hoverjets run scouting patrols far ahead, and along with the
hovercycles, report that where the ley line is set to make landfall
again seems empty of all but a few raiding Fomorian raiding parties.

It is on the second night, with repairs on the shield generator taking
a little longer, that a radio message comes in from one of the scouts.
"We've spotted a wrecked freighter, crushed by the ice. We're not
seeing any survivors, but it looks like they've got a full hold.
Perhaps there might be food there."
[/GM]

[Lenny]
"I'm getting a bit of cabin fever here," Lenny says. "Who wants to
join me in checking the wreck out?"
[/Lenny]

mightymartianca at gmail.com