[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:11:19 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> The only help the computer can offer is for someone to go repair one of
>> the cables, not in and of itself a very difficult job, providing nothing else
>> has been done to the reactor or its control circuits. The computer cannot
>> determine this because the cables connecting to monitoring equipment were
>> severed as well. Alternatively the reactor could be restarted from the
>> reactor controls adjacent to the reactor.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz radios down to the team on the encrypted guard channel he uses with his
> troops. "I'm going down to the reactor room to try to get it online."
> Drawing his shotgun and activating the active camouflage built into his
> armor, Oz prowls down to the reactor to try to repair the cables- hopefully
> without being noticed by anything or anyone.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
It's a few flights of stairs but Oz makes it to the reactor room
without much difficulty. A few emergency lights illuminate the way,
though it feels a little like going down into a tomb. He reaches the
hatch that goes into the reactor room, and finds someone has welded it
shut, from the inside...

It takes a bit of doing, but Oz's retractable vibro-blades manage to
open the hatch. Inside, other than a few emergency lights, and
blinking lights on various consoles, there's little illumination. He
can see the main bulk of the reactor housing, a large cylinder that
protrudes out of the floor and nearly all the way to the ceiling. He
quickly scans and finds an open panel where the cables that were cut
are.

And then he spots something, at first it might be just a dim shadow,
but then it clearly is a body slumped against a bulkhead. It's too
dark to see any features at all. All that Oz can tell is that the body
isn't moving.
[/GM]

OOC: Oz has not yet entered the reactor room.

mightymartianca at gmail.com