[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Veronique and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 21:57:39 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> While Alex gets no response from the orb, she can feel its
>> intelligence's presence, and the phrase "Reactivate Unit 7442"
>> floating in her head. The Millennium Wand stops Vesper's screams,
>> but also breaks Vesper's psychic connection to the orb.
>>
>> The orb itself stays hovering for a moment, and then darts off
>> astern and out of view.

> "What ? What happened ?" Vesper looks around coming back to his
> senses. When he sees Alex he says, "Don't use telepathy on that, it
> connects to a horror a distant alien intelligence." He slowly calms
> down from the horrifying experience.
>
> "Thank you." He says to Alex and to his familiars.

> "Don't do that to me again," states Alex. Before he can respond
> though, she gives him what might be best described as a scared kiss.
>
> "What do we do now," she continues after a moment. "Ted is gone and
> we don't know how to get him."

> Vesper was going to respond then she kissed him and he kissed her
> back with just as much emotion.
>
> "I was just trying to rescue Ted, I thought the entity in charge was
> yoked or bound by technowizardy. They left that creature with free
> will to do as it wished but there is an overide code. I think if we
> could get that we might still..." Vesper gritted his teeth as some of
> the pain was there still. "We might still be able to rescue Ted and
> anyone else who might be trapped." "That creature though tortures
> anyone the moment they connect to it though so it is rough."
>
> Vesper hugged Alex not wanting to let go but knowing they all had
> work to do.

With the orb gone and the ship at least temporarily out of sight, the
company can decide what to do next. Oz has informed them he's going to
go to the engine room to get the reactor restarted.

Indeed, as they look around, they see many of the power conduits and
couplings have been cut, especially to high voltage equipment like
cargo cranes and lift. Looking carefully at their surroundings, it is
clear someone went around with a laser torch with the explicit intent
of cutting power cables.

mightymartianca at gmail.com