[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 01:47:14 UTC 2016

> [Alex]
> If there are any of the men whom are acting like leaders or have rank
> markings, she will switch to them and fire three blast bursts from her
> rifle at them. [Strike: 16, 18, Natural 1]
>
> "Aim for the officers"

Alex gets off two bursts, striking two men who look like they have
officer's markings (they're not that much different than New
Camelot's) [Damage: 30MD and 40MD]. While it doesn't kill the
officers, it heavily damages their armor.

The third shot goes wild, though it forces a few soldiers to duck
again. Someone gets off a luck shot [Strike: 17], which hits Alex
[Damage: 12MD], enough to pock up her armor.

>> Before Alex can fire, the General's cybernetic limbs go limp and he
>> collapses on top of Oz. Ithdalkal picks herself up, and then jumps
>> over to Oz's aid and throw the General off of him. With a quick flash,
>> she has a vibroblade to the General's throat.
>>
>> The General shouts "Do it, then! You're surrounded and you'll all be dead soon!"
>>
>> Indeed, the larger problem of dozens of soldiers closing in on the
>> company is now the immediate problem. And who is it that is aiding
>> them? Whoever it is, they're still laying in covering fire, which is
>> the only thing from keeping the enemy soldiers from taking the company
>> by force.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz stood up stiffly and shook his head. "We had nothing against you before
> this and all we want is to leave peacefully. We'll take you with us until we're
> sure we're not being followed, then drop you off." He nods at Ithdalkal to
> take the cyborg's left arm while he takes the right.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"They have orders to pursue and destroy you if kidnap or kill me," the
General laughs. "My Colonels have their orders, in the event of my
death or capture."
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> He gets on the radio to Alex and Vesper. "We have the general. Let's be on
> our way." Oz then radios to the General's soldiers. "All we want to do is leave.
> We will take the General with us as hostage. He will not be harmed unless
> you continue attacking us. Once we have reached a safe distance we will
> drop him off for you to retrieve."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Someone responds, a man whose voice has the weight of authority.
"Release the General, and we will discuss terms. If he's not able to
inform you, our orders not to negotiate with kidnappers."

There's a beep on Oz's comm system signaling an incoming message on an
encrypted channel. A familiar woman's voice comes over the end. This
must be the officer that they had first met on arrival. "Many of us do
not want to follow the General anymore. We're willing to help you out
of this, but you need to commit to taking us with you. I can gain
access to a couple of flyers. Will you accept this?"

> Ted turned the jeep toward the general and gave it more gas. "If it is a
> hostage you want...," he began.

> Vesper keeps low letting Ted do the driving and held only his rifle out
> firing wild shots in the direction of the generals men.
>
> He did his best not to let his fear consume him.

> Ted's intent is to pull up along side the general, preferably cutting
> him off from his forces, long enough for Vesper to pull him into the
> vehicle.

> OOC Vesper could lift a normal man but he is going to need help lifting a
> borg.
> [/Vesper]

OOC: It shouldn't be an issue with Oz and Ithdalkal helping.

[GM]
Vesper, Oz and Ithdalkal manage to get the general in the vehicle,
though with his heavy cybernetics and armor, he weighs over seven
hundred pounds. The General is laughing the whole time. "I'll see you
in hell, Osmar!"

Meanwhile, the gunfight between the soldiers and the unknown defenders
intensifies, but it seems the unknown defenders do not number enough
to do more than keep everyone's heads down, and the company can see
soldiers managing to get into better positions as the smoke clears.

The only actual clear area is to head due west, and that might be
chancy as they can see two more vehicles, both carrying railguns,
moving quickly to cut them off.

Over another encrypted channel to all the company's comms, Oz's
sergeant announces, "We're doing our best, sir, and we've got some new
help here, but they outnumber us twenty to one or more."

mightymartianca at gmail.com