[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:11:57 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> With everyone in the vehicle, the smoke is now beginning to clear a
>> little. Which isn't very good news, as they can see about fifty
>> armored soldiers in full environmental armor running towards them,
>> opening fire as they come. In the other direction about fifteen others
>> are approaching, and they're clearly moving to encircle the company.
>> The only escape paths right now are either east, in the direction of
>> the sea, where several tall skyscrapers stand, or to the west, which
>> is still largely obscured by smoke.
>>
>> And Oz has disappeared as well, probably into the haze and smoke.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "I need help! General's a borg!" As he chokes out his terse message
> over the radio, Oz uses his only advantage and stabs straight up into
> the General as the borg tries to rip his environmentally sealed helmet
> off his MDC armor. "Ithdalkal, get one of those rifles and empty the
> e-clip into the General's back!"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The blade cuts into the General's armor exoskeleton, but it's made of
pretty strong megadamage material. Ithdalkal gets up woozily, grabs
one of the rifles, and aims it at the general's back, but with
lightning speed one of his legs darts up and fires a shot [Strike: 20,
not natural] that hits the gun and blasts it out of Ithadalkal's
hands.

By the same token, Oz finds one of his legs are no longer pinned.

> "Now where?" Ted asks, turning the vehicle away from the smoke,
> before adding, "We need to find Louissa and the others."

> Vesper nods, "I can check on the radio." Vesper sets his rifle next to
> him and checks. "Oz ? Where are you and everyone. Were on the
> surface and have a vehicle."
> [/Vesper]

> [Oz]
> Oz managed to choke out a response as the general kept trying to rip
> his head off. "General... is... borg. Need... help."
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> Alex usually is paying attention to her radio, so I am going to assume
> that she heard all of this as well. Can she tell the direction of the
> signal from Oz. Otherwise, she will look for opponents who are not
> armed  with energy weapons. She will begin to specifically target
> their weapons with her rifle. She will make sure she is both touching
> Vesper and Ted to give them protection against energy weapons.
>
> The gear of her own helmet should also be cutting through the smoke
> and such.

Between Alex's optics and the clearing smoke, the General can be seen
up ahead. He has Oz pinned with three of his bionic legs, a forth
contains a laser which has just blasted a gun out of Ithdalkal's hand.
The General is trying to tear Oz's helmet off.

With the clearing smoke they can see their being surrounded by a good
sixty or seventy heavily armed soldiers. Even if they manage to beat
the General, the odds do not look good. In fact, they're looking
pretty hopeless...

And then suddenly, off to the north end of this great open area,
several hundred meters away, someone, or rather several someones,
start opening fire on the New Strathclyde soldiers, creating general
chaos as soldiers run for cover and start returning fire. The company
is no longer pinned, but is in the middle of a firefight, with only a
jeep as cover.

As to the identity of who is helping them, that's not clear.

And Oz is still pinned.

mightymartianca at gmail.com