[Taocow PBEM] The Story To Date

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:35:59 UTC 2016

OOC: Should have sent this out a long time. Hopefully this should
answer some questions about the story thus far. I posted this a couple
of years ago, and I'll add to it now.

OOC2: Ted needs to get to Skara Brae, where the druid Karpax dwells in
the Cave of Endings, and can give Ted the healing potion he needs. The
demon girl is with them because she convinced Ted that without its/her
aid, Ted will die of his disease. That's why she is along for the
ride.

> The party, along with a unit of soldiers and a band of militia lead by
> Jacek the Borg, and under the command of newly installed Knight of New
> Camelot, Sir Osmar Wolz, had headed north from New Camelot pushing
> northward to the Millennium Tree in part to seek healing for a former
> bandit, the Hood. They also sought instructions on what to do with the
> murderous creature who appeared most often in the form of a little
> girl, who was their prisoner. Finally, they hoped to find some more
> information on the terrible illness that had stricken their companion
> Ted Smythe, and for which he and Louissa had been trying to head
> northward to find a druid somewhere in the remotest parts of Scotland.
>
> Along their route, they had seen thousands of refugees flooding into
> New Camelot and the rest of southern England, apparently displaced by
> a great Splugorth army. They had met a division of that great army at
> the Millennium Tree, where it was attempting to destroy the Tree and
> take over the Nexus point. Quick thinking by members of the party had
> seen an ancient pre-Rifts dam above the tree blown to pieces, and the
> reservoir burst forth to destroy much of the Splugorth army.
>
> While Ted, Louissa and Alex, had went on to explore the Tree, Vesper
> and Oz had remained on the battlefield and collected a good deal of
> equipment. Later the entire party was permitted their pick of the
> salvaged Splugorth gear, as a reward for having saved the Tree. Oz had
> taken prisoner an Altaran Blind Warrior Woman named Ithdalkal.
>
> All were invited to a banquet in their honor, and afterwards a debate
> among themselves and with the Druid's Council as to what to do next.
> Some, like Alex, were not at all in favor of taking the Girl along
> with them, while Ted and Louissa were insistent that the girl creature
> was necessary to Ted's survival. In the end, the Druids suggested that
> the girl creature could be contained by Cold Iron, which a larger
> quantity of could be obtained to the west in the Welsh Mountains,
> where are dwarf colony mined it. The Borg, Jacek, has agreed to let
> the girl thing live to help Ted, providing it can be controlled and it
> is delivered into his hands upon the completion of the quest.
>
> As well, romance is in the winter air, as Vesper and Alex fell in love
> and announced their true feelings for each other at the banquet!

The company boards a ley line ship, the Teufelshörnchen, destined for
Wales, and the Dwarf settlement where the cold iron may be found.
Along the way, they visit a town called Belmont Abbey. While this
settlement is ostensibly independent, the company is soon forced to
flee when the Splugorth attack. The captain of the ship is killed
fleeing the settlement, and the new commander, Captain Neeson, swears
fealty to New Camelot and recognizes Oz as her superior.

When the ship arrives in Wales, it finds the Dwarf settlement has been
occupied by the Splugorth, and most of the dwarfs have fled or died.
The company rescues most of the dwarfs, but a contingent joins the
company, swearing fealty to New Camelot. They also give the company
sufficient cold iron to build a cage for the demon.

When the company returns to the Millennium Tree, the cage is built,
put in the hold of the leyline ship, and the company departs
northward. That's where they are forced to land while a leyline storm
rages through the ancient ruins of the Liverpool-Manchester Megacity.
Louissa is kidnapped by the Maligs, and the company goes in pursuit.
Ted meets an alternative "Alter-Ted" from another dimension where,
among other things, Alex is a General and Louissa is a Queen. The
company defeats the Maligs and rescues the people in this area of the
ruins, who had been enslaved by the Maligs, and whose women were
apparently raped and impregnated by some horror from another
dimension.

Over a hundred of these people, essentially refugees now, board the
leyline ship, which is now bursting at the seams with people. As they
prepare to depart, several combat hover vehicles identifying
themselves as belonging to New Strathclyde, advise the company to move
out quickly as Fomorians are gathering to attack them. Thus they
journey to New Strathclyde's fortress...

mightymartianca at gmail.com