[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:25:27 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> There's a pause, or more like a crackle, "You're there! Oh gods
>> thank you! We were on a ship sailing in the Irish Sea when
>> something escaped from the cargo hold. It was like a small vortex,
>> and it grabbed some of us. We're in a terrible place, like a
>> miniature hell, and we're running out of air! You've got to free
>> us!"
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "If it was some kind of fire monster that looks like a demon, we've
> got people fighting it right now. We will try to figure out a way to
> get you out. Can you see anything on this side, on the ship, or do you
> just have the radio connection?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"Yes," the voice says, "that's it, and no, we can't see anything except
this horrible place. But if it's destroyed, someone here thinks we'll be
locked on this side. But you can help another way. The gateway is
feeding off the fuel in the reactor. Somehow it can pull neutrons or
protons or whatever it is that those fuel rods give off. If the reactor
is brought online again, it might weaken it. Or that's what the engineer
thought, before she was killed."

mightymartianca at gmail.com