[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:46:51 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> The parts list is huge, and seems to refer back to a lot of
>> different equipment, mainly Triax. There's parts for hovercycles
>> and other hover vehicles, aircraft, tanks, ATVs, equipment to
>> repair rail guns and heavy energy weapons, replacement sensory
>> equipment, targeting computers and other electronic systems for all
>> kinds of Triax vehicles. There is a plethora of stock electronic
>> parts.
>>
>> There's also what appears to be several dozen conversion kits for
>> Borgs, the chemicals necessary to produce juicers, as well as what
>> appears to be some biowizard items from Atlantis. There are two 50
>> megawatt fusion reactors, along with replacement fuel and other
>> parts to probably keep each one working for about ten to fifteen
>> years with minimum maintenance, with each having enough output to
>> power a good sized town.
>>
>> Finally, there is a good supply of armaments; E-clips for both
>> Triax and North American weaponry, a lot of guns of Triax
>> manufacture, and even what appears to be a container filled with
>> grenades and explosives.
>>
>> A separate list has all the parts for the machine shop, which is
>> well stocked (apparently the ship had just left port a few days
>> before and had only made one stop in Ireland before it got stuck
>> out here). There's certainly the capacity to repair the ship, at
>> least temporarily.
>>
>> The radio operator on the leyline vessel whistles when he gets word
>> of what they've found. "If we could claim salvage on something like
>> that, we could all retire. At any rate, the Captain says
>> concentrate first on food, then grab a good collection of
>> electronics and electrical, so we can keep the ship's systems in
>> decent repair. Hovercycle repairs parts would be good, it sounds
>> like there's enough there to build a few. We've got some room in
>> the hold, enough for a few tons anyways."
>>
>> Meanwhile, Oz has identified the locations of the most necessary
>> supplies in the hold. Alex and Ted both have found a ship map that
>> shows where the engine room, machine shop and the damaged hull is.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "If that's what the Captain says, that's what we'll do." Then he has
> an idea. "Ask somebody if they know how much those hovercycles can
> carry if we can rig a sling between the two of them. We can try to
> ferry supplies as we secure them instead of having to offload
> everything onto the ice and move it from there."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"We'll try to figure that out," the ship responds. A few moments later,
there's a reply. "We can probably lift around 1,000 pounds without too
much difficulty, 1,500 if we take it slow. We'll get about making a
sling. One of our new conscripts also says that they can strip all the
seats out of the troop carrier hover jet, and can probably carry a lot
too, but it will mean they can't pick you up in a hurry if something
happens. Do you want them to proceed?"
[/GM]

>> [Lyle]
>> "Are you guys actually going to try to keep this thing afloat?" he
>> asks. "How are you going to deal with the fact that we're
>> surrounded by miles and miles of ice?"
>> [/Lyle]

> [Oz]
> "I'll let you know once we've given the hole a look."
> [/Oz]

> OOC: Is there anything inflatable listed in the supplies, like
> weather balloons or emergency boats or something? If we could
> inflate something or several somethings into the hole or holes we
> might be able to rig a temporary but long-enough lasting plug to keep
> the water out and the ship afloat.

OOC: There are lifeboats, as well as inflate zodiac-style craft. There
aren't nearly enough to keep the ship afloat.

> [Alex]
> Alex is more or less a doer than a talker. As such she will head
> down below and start working on patching up holes in the ship.

> "Wait up Alex, I am coming with you. I will try to help though I
> have never patched a hull before."
>
> Vesper followed Alex and took out his flashlight to help light the
> way.

> "Sure," as she slows down her pace just a bit. 'Never patched a ship
> before either. Probably look like crap but I think I can try."

> While Alex and Vesper rush off, the lizard man turns his attention
> to the computer once more, this time to find any kind of forklift or
> similar machinery for moving supplies off the boat.
> [/Ted]

OOC: I'm going to split up posts. Not sure where Lady Veronique is going
at this point, her player can fill that in. But it appears, for the
moment, that Oz and Ted will remain on the bridge, while Vesper and Alex
go below decks.

mightymartianca at gmail.com