[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:54:02 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> Oz is left to listen to the gentle hum of equipment. After a minute
>> or two he can see Veronique and Ted moving through the hold to the
>> location of the leak. Oz does not see any further odd lights.
>>
>> There are a few more radio communications with the leyline ship;
>> mainly status reports on the readiness of the hoverjet, and this
>> gives Oz time to select the priority goods to be offloaded.
>>
>> As he is scanning through the list, the ship's radio suddenly
>> comes alive. There's an incoming signal of some kind, very weak. A
>> triangulation display appears on the screen by the radio, and very
>> oddly, it seems to show the signal is coming from within a couple
>> of hundred feet of the bridge.
>>
>> The signal itself is largely static, but some automatic audio
>> filters kick in. The sound coming out of the speakers at first
>> sounds like some sort of white noise, but then it seems to
>> stabilize, and it sounds a lot like screams. A man's voice can be
>> heard above the others, "Oh god, help us! Please help us! Release
>> us! If you can hear us, help us!"
>>
>> The signal fades out and disappears from the screen before it
>> reappears, this time only a hundred feet from the bridge. Oz
>> notices a faint shimmering in the air over the main deck. The
>> signal comes in clearer, "Free us! Free us, please! Can you hear
>> us?"
>> [/Oz]

> [Oz]
> Oz does his best to strengthen the signal. "Who is this? Where are
> you?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
There's a pause, or more like a crackle, "You're there! Oh gods thank
you! We were on a ship sailing in the Irish Sea when something escaped
from the cargo hold. It was like a small vortex, and it grabbed some of
us. We're in a terrible place, like a miniature hell, and we're running
out of air! You've got to free us!"

mightymartianca at gmail.com