[Taocow PBEM] [Oz and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 20:10:36 UTC 2017

>> [GM]
>> The cat woman (shown in holographic projection to Oz back
>> on the cargo ship) replies, "That's up to your friends on the
>> other side. If it gains back enough energy, we go mad, and
>> sooner or later so do you, and sooner or later it will suck
>> everyone on the ship over to this dimension, and then they'll
>> go mad."
>>
>> On the ship, the bot turns its head to Oz. "The crucible is
>> following its last instructions. It can be reprogrammed, if we
>> can repair the machinery. It is possible for a psychic to
>> reprogram it, but the risk of permanent brain damage would
>> be very high. Starving it of power, however, will simply make
>> it feed off of other sources, like PPE, and ultimately off of
>> bodily energy itself."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz frowns. "So we need to turn the reactor back on in order for a
> psychic to make the attempt to reprogram it, but when it has more
> power it attempts to pull people through to the other dimension, is
> that correct?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"That is correct," the bot replies. "But if the machinery can be
repaired, then the reprogramming is trivial. If if the orb can be
brought to me, I could accomplish the goal."

> "I believe I have located the ship's crew," the lizard man began.
> "Some of them are in need of medical attention and I am not sure
> yet how to get them back to their vessel."

Even as Ted reports that from his side, two things happen
simultaneously. On the ship, Oz hears some sort of strange weapons
fire, like a zapping, followed by an explosion somewhere in the hold.
The bot lets out a panicked electronic TWERP. "Someone has reversed
the Crucible's attraction field, and has pushed someone through to our
current dimension. This is probably an attack squad meant to take
control of the Crucible!"

Meanwhile, in Ted's dimension, the catwoman suddenly screams and grabs
her head. "My mind... slipping!" She suddenly leaps at Ted [Strike:
Natural 20], knocking him to the ground. In the other chamber, Ted can
hear the other crew stirring, yelling out meaningless yelps and
syllables.

mightymartianca at gmail.com