[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Veronique and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:47:18 UTC 2017

>> [GM]
>> The orb suddenly floats high into the air, and
>> the air around it begins to distort and swirl.
>> There's a long twisting greenish string of light
>> that bursts forth, and then Ted is standing there,
>> not far from where he had first disappeared.
>>
>> Even as Ted appears, behind him leaps out of
>> the orb a mutant cat in a tattered uniform and
>> behind her several other people in similar uniforms.
>>
>> And then finally an old man, holding a very
>> formidable looking gun, pointed straight at the Orb.
>> Ted recognizes him as the old man that tricked him.
>>
>> "Surrender the Crucible to my control or l will blow
>> it and everything for a square mile up."

> As if passing a basketBALL, Ted launches the
> equipment in this hands directly at the old man.
> [Strike: Natural 20!]

With incredible deftness, Ted aims the equipment in his hands at the
old man, knocking the old man back, and temporarily dazing him.

> Alex looks very confused at what is going on
> [/Alex]

OOC: And well you should be. You have no idea who this man is.

> [Veronique]
> "I'm tired of people threatening utter destruction
> over this thing" says Veronique
>
> Can Veronique tell if the gun has an E-clip or a
> regular magazine. If it's an energy weapon she'll
> step between the cruicible and the old man as
> the tools are thrown and then absorb the energy
> blast if there is one.
> [/Veronique]

[GM]
It doesn't seem to be a conventional energy weapon, though there is a
large bulbous part that may be the energy source. At the moment the
man is stunned, so there's a window of opportunity.
[/GM]

OOC: Meanwhile, in the engine room...

[GM]
The bot looks fromt the video feed to Oz. "That is the creator of the
Crucible. He may be capable of doing great damage!"