[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Veronique and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 21:24:23 UTC 2017

OOC: A slight revision to the previous round. Ted gets an automatic
knockout on a natural 20.

> [Ted]
> As if passing a basketBALL, Ted launches the equipment in
> his hands directly at the old man. [Strike: Natural 20!]

> With incredible deftness, Ted aims the equipment in his hands
> at the old man, knocking the old man back, and *knocking him out.*
> [/GM]

[...]

>>> [Veronique]
>>> "I'm tired of people threatening utter destruction
>>> over this thing" says Veronique
>>>
>>> Can Veronique tell if the gun has an E-clip or a
>>> regular magazine. If it's an energy weapon she'll
>>> step between the cruicible and the old man as
>>> the tools are thrown and then absorb the energy
>>> blast if there is one.
>>> [/Veronique]

>> [GM]
>> It doesn't seem to be a conventional energy weapon, though there is a
>> large bulbous part that may be the energy source. At the moment the
>> man is stunned, so there's a window of opportunity.

> Vesper asks Mr. Slithers his familiar to whisk the strange energy weapon
> of the old man away from him and towards Veronique since Alex is busy.
>  (Telekinesis)
> He will take a shot near the weapon to help with the slide away operation.

With the old man at least temporarily out cold, Mr. Slithers easily
accomplishes his goal.
[/GM]

> [Veronique]
> Veronique will make a grab for the weapon, if it's been disarmed and is
> moving through the air she'll catch it.
> [/Veronique]

[GM]
And Veronique is able to grab the weapon.

> Can Alex somehow get the sphere to move away from these crazy people

Alex's rune dagger, which is directly controlling the sphere, is able
to command the sphere to move away.

The old man regains consciousness and then realizes his weapon is
gone. He puts up his hands, "Just give me the sphere, and I'll go! I
swear it! I don't want to harm anyone."

mightymartianca at gmail.com