[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Veronique and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:03:26 UTC 2017

>> [GM]
>> The portal is still there, though the connection is much weaker, more of
>> a "station-keeping" mode. The unit is drawing from some sort of internal
>> reserve.
>>
>> As Vesper picks it up, he feels it heating up again, and begin to move
>> slightly in his hands. The effects of the CO2 are clearly wearing off. A
>> bucket is quickly found big enough to put the orb into and when it drops
>> in Vesper senses the dimensional connection now the thinnest of
>> threads as its power levels drop off. For the moment at least they have
>> the orb contained, and the hole in the hull has been temporarily dealt
>> with. There's still the matter of whether the reactor should be restarted
>> to see if the ship can be moved.
>> [/GM]

> [Veronique]
> Veronique will look for a bucket to collect some water to dump it into as
> she does she will say "Maybe we should be thinking about how to
> interface the now defunct orb with some of the machinery we spotted
> earlier. Simply containing it is at best a temporary solution. If it was up
> to me, I'd chop it in half while it's down and see if that releases our
> comrade, but I understand why you don't want to do that".
>
>  "Anyone have TK and want to try and lift the actual orb, or should I do it?
> I wouldn't rule out that it's playing possum. The fire extinguisher seemed
> a little too easy".
> [/Veronique]

> OOC-> Sorry about the delays, I spent some time mulling this over, and
> I can't think of anything especially creative to do with the orb that the other
> PCs wouldn't likely object to. Is it possible to tell given her ability to cut off
> beings from drawing on PPE if the orb is still trying to draw on the PPE
> around it?

OOC: Yes, it still seems to be trying to draw energy.

> [Vesper]
> Vesper nods, "Yes it will absorb even body heat to power up so TK would
> be good." Vesper moved the bucket with the orb closer to the machinary
> where it came from.

> "How about just using a wrench?" thinking of the simplest solution.

As they move the orb closer to the machinery, suddenly, on what seemed
to be completely dead equipment, a red light starts flickering.
Getting closer reveals a panel called "Comms", and the red light is
"Establishing contact". Then it turns off and a green light next to it
lights up, with the description "Link established." A digital read-out
called "D.Coord Link Src" displays an odd set of numbers
"2-427^E327-128/2".

Vesper instantly recognizes this is a dimensional coordinate system.

mightymartianca at gmail.com