[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:40:59 UTC 2017

>> [GM]
>> A read out displays "Reactor Cold T+18 hours 15 minutes 21 seconds",
>> indicating it has been eighteen hours since the reactor was completely
>> shut down. Oz easily takes control of the reactor control systems
>> [Computer Programming: 17%], and then another display turns on,
>> reading out "Time to Cold Start Reactor: 17 minutes. Proceed? Yes/No".
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz mentally congratulated himself as he performed the minor miracle of
> re-wiring the control panel and getting the reactor ready to come back
> online. He quickly hit the Yes button to get power running back to the
> ship. His job done, he got onto the radio to update the team. "We need
> to hold out for 17 minutes. Power will be back online and then we can
> kill this thing."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The screen turns to a counter, counting down the seconds "T-17:00...
T-16:59... T-16:58..." Several other read outs and displays on the
console show various status reports as the reactor is warmed up. A
video feed shows fuel rods being loaded into the reactor, another
monitors temperature, another monitors reactor output, still very
marginal though slowly kicking up.

At the 16 minute 30 second mark, a female voice booms out from the
loudspeakers throughout the ship "Reactor restart in T minus 16
minutes 30 seconds." And with that the engine room's main lights come
on; bright and fluorescent. Oz can now more clearly see that there was
some sort of firefight here. There are score marks all over the place,
and dried blood on the floor. The bot has blood, hair and what
probably are brains stuck between its fingers, as well as numerous
smaller scoring marks from energy weapons fire, and even a few melt
points, where the weapons had managed to do some damage. It looks like
it took a lot of damage before it was finally taken out, though the
way it is sitting; leaning against a wall, suggests it probably sat
down under whatever was left of its own power.

mightymartianca at gmail.com