[Taocow PBEM] [Oz and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 01:26:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Karl Prosek <karl.prosek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> OOC: Haven't heard from Oz's character...
>
> Sorry, I didn't see anything about defenses from Oz's question, then I was
> super busy at work.

OOC: Sorry, I believe I did say there are defensive weapons in the
hold; laser weapons and containment fields and the like. This ship is
obviously used for transporting hazardous goods.

>> [GM]
>> "The Crucible is fully functioning again. Those sent to retrieve it
>> foolishly tried to trap your companions in an energy net."
>>
>> And then the reactor readouts indicate the reactor is fully powered
>> up. The robot announces "I have gained access to its AI. What do you
>> wish it to do?"
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "Can the Crucible absorb or attack those attempting to attack us? If so,
> have it do that. If we have automated defenses at our disposal to defend
> this facility, power them on and prepare to repel attackers."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"Yes, the Crucible is quite capable of repelling such attacks," the
bot replies. "And defenses are now powered up."

Then, after a moment, "It would appear that someone else has taken
control of the Crucible." A view of Oz's companions down in the hold
comes up, and he can see two warriors demanding that they turn over
control of the Crucible.

"It would be futile to attack the Crucible," the bot says, "but
perhaps we could do something about those threatening your friends."

mightymartianca at gmail.com