[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Veronique and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon May 1 20:06:06 UTC 2017


>> [GM]
>> The orb is continuing to try to absorb energy, and they see frost
>> spreading over the hall near it, and it seems to be enough to
>> start allowing it to wiggle around a little bit, and everyone feels
>> the faint tug of its weird attractive power. The steel in the hull
>> is beginning to moan.
>> 
>> And then suddenly the orb flashes. Everyone feels the temperature
>> in the immediate drop thirty degrees. Everyone is blown back by a
>> force as repulsive as the attractive force, and ejected from the
>> orb are three armored figures appear. The three figures appear to
>> be armored in what looks like some weird organic body armor [OOC:
>> see attached]. All of them are armed only with staves that look to
>> be made of the same material, but immediately open fire. Some sort
>> of greenish lightning flies out of them, striking a shipping
>> container and blowing a large hole in it. They are moving quickly
>> to flank the orb.
>> [/GM]

> [Vesper]
> Hands trembling and lips turning blue from the cold speaks a few
> words of magic to help protect his companions and himself. An energy
> field like a wall springs into being for cover. (60 MDC) Vesper says
> to Alex through chattering teeth, "Can't take the cold. Sa sah
> sorry."
> 
> Pulling his cloak tight around him he is breathing out clouds of
> vapor with each breath.
> [/Vesper]

> [Alex]
> Alex thinks to herself that one of the advantages of environmental 
> armor is that it is keeping her protected from even these issues. She
> could walk on Everest on the worst day and not have to worry about
> death from the cold.
> 
> "If you need to retreat, I understand," She responds back to Vesper.
> 
> At basically the same time, she asks her dagger, "Could you please 
> sense their aura?"
> [/Alex]

[GM]
The dagger reports back the following information:

- Level of experience: medium
- Presence of magic: no
- Presence of psychic ability: yes
- PPE: low
- Presence of possessing entity: no
- Presence of unusual human aberration: yes
[/GM]

> [Vesper]
> Vesper felt upset that he needed to leave the area but to stay meant
> frost bite or worse.
> 
> He would be no good in such a state. Withdrawing using the cargo as 
> cover he tried to set up a distance away and readied his rifle for
> cover fire if needed.
> [/Vesper]

> [Veronique]
> Veronique doesn't like how cold things are getting and backs off
> herself for that reason. As she does she'll throw a magic at the
> figures in an attempt to prevent them from getting to the orb as that
> seems to be likely what they are after. While perhaps a stupid move,
> she won't bother going for cover. Seemingly inviting them to shoot at
> her. She's impervious to energy weapons (and a magic leech in
> general) so figures these guys won't be able to affect her with the
> ranged abilities of their staffs. If she winds up taking damage
> she'll duck behind cover though.. Overall her intention is to be
> highly visible and knightly, and repel as many attacks as possible so
> they won't hit the other party members (ie she's tanking).
> 
> Being a bit of a bravo for a knight she'll say "Finally, someone to 
> actually fight!. I don't think you fellows have any idea what you've
> gotten into though. If you surrender now I will see to it that your
> treated fairly".
> 
> Through comms Veronique will say "I notice they came out when I was 
> wondering about the orb's ability to withstand kinetic damage while
> it's drained and weakened. Dropping the temperature and calling out
> these three guys strikes me as a desperation move. It's possible we
> might be able to negotiate something from this position, but
> diplomacy isn't my forte"
> [/Veronique]

[GM]
The three figures stop when they are all equidistant from the orb. A 
voice speaks, though it's not clear which of the figures is speaking, as 
the voice seems to come from the orb itself.

"Surrender the Crucible immediately, or you will be destroyed."

Two of the figures lower their staff weapons so the "barrels" are 
pointing to the deck.

"If you do not comply, the ship will be opened up to your watery 
subatmosphere."
[/GM]

-- 
Aaron Clausen
mightymartianca at gmail.com

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Taocow Rifts PBEM" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to taocow-rifts-pbem+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to taocow-rifts-pbem at googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/taocow-rifts-pbem.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list