<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
<body class='hmmessage'>
[Owen]<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
"So, Resisitance is Futile?"&nbsp;&nbsp;Owen will move to disarm and incapacitate the guard, to keep her from reporting.&nbsp; "Anyone have any rope?"<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
[\Owen]<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&gt; Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:08:47 -0700<BR>&gt; From: mightymartianca@gmail.com<BR>&gt; To: taocowpbem@zork.net<BR>&gt; Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter I<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; [GM]<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; "I don't think that will be possible." the woman says. She flings<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; the door shut and simply stands there. After a moment or two<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; everyone hears a strange hissing coming from an air vent in the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; wall, and barely visible orange gas begins to come through. There<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; is the faint smell of lemons.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; "Don't worry." she says. "You will all be fine in a few minutes<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; now. Then you can meet the Captain."<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; [/GM]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Alex]<BR>&gt; &gt; Thinking the woman is pretty stupid, Alex pops the faceplate of her <BR>&gt; &gt; helmet down and activates life support. She draws the pump pistol and<BR>&gt; &gt; grabs the woman, "You want to open the door right now."<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Alex]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [GM]<BR>&gt; The woman looks blankly at Alex. "No." she says simply.<BR>&gt; [/GM]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Talas]<BR>&gt; &gt; Talas casts Breath without Air. Then waits to see what happens.<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Talas]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Koba]<BR>&gt; &gt; Caught off guard again makes Koba realise why no one else ever takes <BR>&gt; &gt; off their armor. As the gas pours into the room, Koba ignores the <BR>&gt; &gt; woman and quickly looks for his pack of belongings. Rummaging through<BR>&gt; &gt; them as quickly as possible, he searches for his gasmask to put on.<BR>&gt; &gt; Hopefully, before the gas overtakes him. As soon as he gets it on, he<BR>&gt; &gt; will concentrate and try to get a sense of the electronics in the<BR>&gt; &gt; room and running through the walls. Hopfully something will stand out<BR>&gt; &gt; to him as a control to either the vent or the door. If he has no<BR>&gt; &gt; success with that, he will try to contain the vent and as much of the<BR>&gt; &gt; gas as he can in a forcefield.<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Koba]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Talas]<BR>&gt; &gt; Upon noticing Koba's sudden concern over the gas, Talas steps over to<BR>&gt; &gt; him puts his hand on Koba's shoulder and casts Breath without air. <BR>&gt; &gt; "This might be of some help Mr. Koba."<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Talas]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [GM]<BR>&gt; Koba can't make much sense of the electronics. The force field, on the<BR>&gt; other hand, is more successful. There's still gas in the room, however.<BR>&gt; [/GM]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Raven]<BR>&gt; &gt; Raven did not have environmental armour or a sealed helmet! She held <BR>&gt; &gt; her breath for as long as she could and raised her gun to the woman, <BR>&gt; &gt; ready for fire.<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Raven]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [Carlos]<BR>&gt; Carlos puts on his helmet. He looks over to Raven. "Don't worry, we'll<BR>&gt; be out of here in a jiffy."<BR>&gt; [/Carlos]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Lyle]<BR>&gt; &gt; Lyle's rolls his eyes, this is going from bad to worse. He grabs his <BR>&gt; &gt; pack and pulls his mask just as Koba does the same. He feels like a <BR>&gt; &gt; fool for thinking he was safe on the sub, but up to this point he had<BR>&gt; &gt; no reason to believe otherwise. When his mask is on, he unclips his <BR>&gt; &gt; pistol strap but keeps it holstered.<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; "Do not kill the crew members. They are being controlled. When get <BR>&gt; &gt; out, follow me."<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Lyle]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [Carlos]<BR>&gt; "We'll do our best." Carlos replies hesitantly. "But if its them or <BR>&gt; us..." He doesn't finish his sentence.<BR>&gt; [/Carlos]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Owen]<BR>&gt; &gt; Deciding that standing around and waiting for the gas to affect the <BR>&gt; &gt; party is a less effective use of time, Owen will keep his gun trained<BR>&gt; &gt; at the crew and move to open the door. "Lets get out of this room <BR>&gt; &gt; before the gas affects those of us without a gasmask."<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Owen]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; [Koba]<BR>&gt; &gt; After Talas lays his hands on Koba, his anxiety subsides somewhat. <BR>&gt; &gt; Now that the crewmember threatening them has weapons trained on her, <BR>&gt; &gt; he can activley try to get the party out of the room. Seeing the <BR>&gt; &gt; cover beside the door which could house the electronics, Koba will <BR>&gt; &gt; open it and try to short circut the door to open.<BR>&gt; &gt; [/Koba]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [GM]<BR>&gt; This room was never designed to be a prison cell, and it proves <BR>&gt; relatively easy to shortcircuit the very basic electronic lock.<BR>&gt; The door slides open revealing the cramped passage. There is an eery <BR>&gt; silence.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "But you have to wait for the Captain." the crew member says weakly, <BR>&gt; then simply falls in behind the others.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Suddenly the deck trembles, and the sub dips towards the stern. <BR>&gt; Standing is impossible and everyone tumbles towards the next hatch. No <BR>&gt; one is seriously injured, but there are still a few bruises. The <BR>&gt; submarine seems to be diving. The hull can be heard moaning as the <BR>&gt; outside pressure builds.<BR>&gt; [/GM]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [Carlos]<BR>&gt; "Alright, Lyle." Carlos says, trying to right himself. "Where are we <BR>&gt; going?"<BR>&gt; [/Carlos]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [GM]<BR>&gt; Suddenly a female voice comes over the loudspeaker. "This is your <BR>&gt; Control. Repeat. This is Control. Report any crew not yet <BR>&gt; assimilated. Prepare for boarding."<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "I must report." the young crew member says.<BR>&gt; [/GM]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Aaron Clausen<BR>&gt; _______________________________________________<BR>&gt; Taocowpbem mailing list<BR>&gt; Taocowpbem@zork.net<BR>&gt; http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem<BR>                                               <br /><hr />Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. <a href='http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try bing_1x1' target='_new'>Try  Bing™ now</a></body>
</html>