<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:10pt"><div><span>[vesper]</span></div><div><span>Cast one of his most simple spells to detect evil and see if the thing was hiding in the water or within sensing range</span></div><div><span>[/Vesper]<br></span></div><div><br></div>  <div style="font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 10pt;"> <div style="font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 12pt;"> <div dir="ltr"> <font face="Arial" size="2"> <hr size="1">  <b><span style="font-weight:bold;">From:</span></b> Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca@gmail.com><br> <b><span style="font-weight: bold;">To:</span></b> The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem@zork.net> <br> <b><span style="font-weight: bold;">Sent:</span></b> Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:45 PM<br> <b><span style="font-weight: bold;">Subject:</span></b> Re: [Taocow PBEM]
 [Everyone Together] Book 3 - Chapter IX - The Sewers<br> </font> </div> <br>
>> [GM]<br>>> There are no obvious signs. Any trail has been eradicated by the<br>>> flowing water. It seems reasonable enough that they must have jumped<br>>> down into the main pool. The current is very strong, and getting to<br>>> the other sewers flowing into this pool would be difficult, requiring<br>>> swimming against the currents and climbing up to the openings. The<br>>> main outflow, the largest tunnel labeled "XVIII" would certainly be<br>>> the easiest, but also the most obvious.<br>>><br>>> The light is terrible here, but Alex thinks she can trace the faintest<br>>> bit of yellowish fluid on the wall on the largest tunnel. But she'll<br>>> need to get closer to tell for sure, and soon enough the spray from<br>>> the water will remove even that trace.<br>>> [/GM]<br><br>>> [Justin]<br>>> "I can probably best withstand the current." Justin says. "I
 can jump<br>>> in and help any that need it. Remember, Ted was also very strong, so<br>>> I'm sure he could have gone through any of those other tunnels."<br>>> [/Justin]<br><br>> [Alex]<br>> "I can lay down lines to help?" Alex asks<br>> [/Alex]<br><br>[Justin]<br>Justin nods. "That might help." he replies.<br>[/Justin]<br><br>> [Vesper]<br>> Vesper secures the box to him so it would not be lost or shaken free.<br>> He then says to Justin, "I might need your help I know a little about<br>> swimming but that current looks very strong."<br>><br>> He was prepared to let anyone who wanted to assist him do so as<br>> well as offer a hand up once they made it to drier ground.<br>> [/Vesper]<br><br>> [Ted]<br>> "Was?" the lizard man counters. "I haven't died yet." He hops into<br>> the water next to Justin and begins looking around.<br>> [/Ted]<br><br>[Justin]<br>"Sorry," Justin says, "meant the
 other thing..."<br>[/Justin]<br><br>OOC: Going to kind of make this up and compile it together.<br><br>[GM]<br>While Ted prowls around the boiling waters of this chamber, Justin and<br>Alex assemble a series of lines to give everyone something to grab on<br>to.<br><br>In short order everyone can safely get into the pool. Sir Prrcyvel and<br>his men are making a circuit of the chamber looking for any sign of<br>the creature, or of Louissa. The trick now is to figure out where the<br>creature went.<br><br>Alex can still spy a trace of the yellowish ooze on the largest<br>outgoing passage.<br>[/GM]<br><br>-- <br>Aaron Clausen<br><a ymailto="mailto:mightymartianca@gmail.com" href="mailto:mightymartianca@gmail.com">mightymartianca@gmail.com</a><br>_______________________________________________<br>Taocowpbem mailing list<br><a ymailto="mailto:Taocowpbem@zork.net"
 href="mailto:Taocowpbem@zork.net">Taocowpbem@zork.net</a><br>http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem<br><br><br> </div> </div>  </div></body></html>