[CrackMonkey] Realtime BackHoe List

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Jul 4 21:21:44 PDT 2000

begin  Nick Moffitt quotation of Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 09:04:24PM -0700:

> If I had time, I'd write a pigdog article.  I may still be able to
> bang one out by lunchtime tomorrow, though.

Point of style:  "backhoe" does not have an InterCap.  It's an
honest-to-Bob excavation/network administration tool, not the
FooFooProduct DuJour(tm).

Quoting from the site:

We have discovered an apparent flaw in the user tracking system deployed
by the Internet advertiser DoubleClick. In an automated test, 53% of
cookies issued to simulated users were duplicates.

It turns out that Kevin O'Connor's technology is just as sloppy as his
business ethics. But the duplicate cookies do explain the puzzling
"Double" in the company's name. This has been a mystery to experienced
Internet users, since typical web browsers require only a single click
to follow a link.

Test results and the software used to perform the testing are freely
available from the RBHL web site at: http://zgp.org/rbhl/prl/

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti at zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to