[CrackMonkey] "And we're removing the seatbelts and airbags to keep the weight down"

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Jul 5 16:59:08 PDT 2000

----- Forwarded message from glen mccready <gkm at blackdown.org> -----
Forwarded-by: "Chris Adams" <chris at improbable.org>

http://www.amiga.com/press/zine/6-3-00/AW2.6.htm discusses why the new
Amiga operating system won't include memory protection at the system
level:

"We at Amiga feel that memory protection is an overhead that punishes
good code because bad code exists, and this is an attitude that is
becoming increasingly prevalent. Indeed, the classic Amiga lasted for
15 years without any memory protection at all and has been praised as
one of the most stable systems ever created, a credit to both the
system and the developers themselves."

----- End forwarded message -----

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.