[CrackMonkey] [thespian@slip.net: Re: [Pigdog] 12-Step-step-steppin' out on you..]

Bob Bernstein bobbern at delphi.com
Wed Jul 12 11:24:42 PDT 2000

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 10:28:46AM -0700, Monkey Master wrote:

> 	Once again: the drinking wasn't her crime; the driving was.

Drinking has never been a crime, not even during Prohibition. I have never
known of a judge to impose sobriety (vis-a-vis alcohol) as a sentence.

"Administratively" some clients of our various correctional facilities may
find themselves required to be sober, but that is different, I guess. So
some at large on probation and parole may find themselves back in the system
if they imbibe and get caught.

I don't think we need to fear the criminalization of booze, not in the near
future at any rate. Party on. No one winds up for any reason at an AA
meeting by accident.

--
Bob Bernstein
at                    obsd2.7 woohoo! and, it's canadian.