[CrackMonkey] [mr.bad@pigdog.org: Re: [Pigdog] Quotable notes]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 13 14:07:43 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:

> Round where I work, they generate these horrible chains of quoted
> replies that move farther and farther right, and that require you to
> read from the bottom up if you're new to the discussion.

You read from the bottom up if you suffer executive brain damage.
The stuff above is called "context" and is Considered Helpful.

And quoting cascades can be an art form, albeit one best not
performed too frequently.  E.g.:
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/jordan/Humor/war-of-the-fish-haikus.txt

rick (at) linuxmafia.com                      Or denied.  So there.