[CrackMonkey] 70MB of swap? Per window?

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Jul 17 15:12:34 PDT 2000

----- Forwarded message from glen mccready <gkm at blackdown.org> -----
Forwarded-by: Nev Dull <nev at bostic.com>
Subject: Excerpted: NTK now, 2000-07-14
From: "Danny O'Brien" <danny at spesh.com>

                                >> TRACKING <<
               sufficiently advanced technology : the gathering

         Far be it for us to intimate that MOZILLA has been hijacked
         by the same naive completeness fanatics that collapse so
         many free software projects into development black-holes,
         but ... oh come on, two years and counting? Seventy
         megabytes of swap? Per *window*? Hello? Is there some kind
         of AOL/ crack cocaine stock-swap going down at Mountain
         View? The beauty of Open Source, though, is that say you
         *could* do without Mozilla's built-in WYSIWIG HTML editor,
         Mail handler, News reader, IRC client, xterm replacement,
         run-time XML UI interpreter, cross-platform high-level C++
         widget set, and re-implementation from scratch of
         Microsoft's entire COM system, you can. And, thank God,
         someone has. GALEON is a Gnome application that uses Chris
         Blizzard's minimalist wrapper around the Mozilla HTML
         rendering routines. It's little. It's fairly stable. It
         takes less than an hour to load. It lets you look at Web
         pages. Think of it as salvage.
         http://galleon.sourceforge.net/
                      - you'll still need to download Mozilla for now
         http://www.mozilla.org/
                                - we're on a mission from God. Still.

                                >> MEMEPOOL <<
                              hasta la altavista

         at last! a site *entirely* devoted to (dismissing rumours
         about) BRITNEY SPEARS' BREASTS http://bsrumor.8m.com/ vs
         http://www.britney-spears.com/images/boobs.gif ...

                               >> SMALL PRINT <<

       Need to Know is a useful and interesting UK digest of things that
         happened last week or might happen next week. You can read it
       on Friday afternoon or print it out then take it home if you have
     nothing better to do. It is compiled by NTK from stuff they get sent.
      Registered at the Post Office as "between oxbridge and newsgroups"
                http://www.the-wibble.co.uk/edigi/main.htm#NTK

                                 NEED TO KNOW
            THEY STOLE OUR REVOLUTION. NOW WE'RE STEALING IT BACK.
                         Archive - http://www.ntk.net/
                Subscribe? Mail ntknow-subscribe at lists.ntk.net
     NTK now is supported by UNFORTU.NET, and by you: http://www.ntk.net/books

                          (K) 2000 Special Projects.
             Copying is fine, but include URL: http://www.ntk.net/

                    Tips, news and gossip to tips at spesh.com
             All communication is for publication, unless you beg.
              Press releases from naive PR people to pr at spesh.com
     Remember: Your work email may be monitored if sending sensitive material.
       Sending >500KB attachments is forbidden by the Geneva Convention.
              Your country may be at risk if you fail to comply.

----- End forwarded message -----

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.