[CrackMonkey] [Pigdog] Re: Camp Linux (Was: Article idea?)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 24 13:30:27 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:

> If I had the means to obtain Debian (potato or above), I would run it.

Practical if either:

(1) The machine has any form of Internet access, including 28.8 kbps
    dialup.

Get five floppy images from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/frozen/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/

Specifically, rescue.bin, root.bin, driver-1.bin, driver-2.bin,
driver-3.bin .  Write them to floppies using either dd or RAWRITE.EXE .
Boot the rescue disk.  Continue through the installation as directed.
The Debian Base System (equivalent of 11 diskettes, whose images you
_can_ retrieve and install from floppies) will by default be retrieved
and installed from the Internet via http.  You can then build up your
machine as desired, after that.  See:  http://linuxmafia.com/debian/tips

  or...

(2) You're within driving distance of Menlo Park, CA,

That's where my house is.  We have a full Debian mirror on-site, and can
lend ethernet cards.

  or...

(3) You don't mind trying a set of pre-release, unofficial Debian
    CD-ROMs.

See the vendor list at http://www.debian.org/distrib/vendors

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."