[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Joakim Ziegler joakim at helixcode.com
Mon Jul 31 18:05:36 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 05:57:03PM -0700, Michael Jennings wrote:
> On Monday, 31 July 2000, at 19:33:20 (-0500),
> Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> I'm still interested in why it's impossible to use an in-memory
>> representation which isn't the same as the on-disk representation.

> I ignored that statement because it has no relevance to the topic at
> hand.  I only pointed out that random-access reads/writes are much
> faster with databases than with text files.  Database format has
> nothing to do with the in-memory structures EFM uses.

How bloody large are your config files, that you can't load and parse them
*once* and construct an efficient in-memory structure for accessing the data
in them?

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim at helixcode.com - Radagast at IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer