[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Aaron Lehmann aaronl at vitelus.com
Mon Jul 31 23:48:09 PDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:38:23AM -0500, Joakim Ziegler wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 11:22:14PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > begin  Joakim Ziegler quotation:
>
> >> Everyone should have gnome-libs installed anyway, so the point is moot.
>
> > One should _never_ be able to get canvas without libgnomeui.
>
> Yes, since it's a GNOME widget, it uses libgnomeui.
>

> > And GtkHTML _needs_ to require a whole bunch of otherwise irrelevant GNOME
> > libs.
>
> What irrelevant GNOME libs are you referring to?

I imagine he's refering to gnome-print, bonobo, libgnome, libgnomeui,
esound, libaudiofile, libcaplet, gconf, and others.

GtkHTML is a very nice HTML widget but it would be so much better if
it didn't require things like libcaplet and gconf that it didn't need
to render HTML. That's why I prefer CSCHtml. Pathetically, the GtkHTML
maintainers can't even understand why anyone would not want to link
against all these libs.