[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Joakim Ziegler joakim at helixcode.com
Mon Jul 31 23:57:52 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 11:51:55PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> begin  Joakim Ziegler quotation of Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:38:23AM -0500:

>> Or you can just run Helix GNOME, and everything's taken care of for you.

> Yeah, Rick.  The Enlightenment people didn't start a company to produce
> a slightly different version of THEIR project, now did they?

> "Our first task is Helix GNOME: a tested, polished distribution of all
> the GNOME software, ready to install onto your existing GNU/Linux or
> Unix system."
> http://helixcode.com/about/

> As opposed to regular GNOME, which must be untested, rough, and not
> ready to install.  WTF?

Well, it must be compiled from source, at least. Unless you mean Red Hat
GNOME, which is also a slightly modified version, and also trailing the
current version by several months.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim at helixcode.com - Radagast at IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer