[free-sklyarov] ebook restrictions

Joe Barr warthawg at ecpi.com
Wed Aug 8 10:19:19 PDT 2001

Well, filing suit against Adobe is not a bad idea, but having the KGB arrest and jail employees would be a more appropriate response.  That's probably not legal in Russia, though.  Only here in the land of the free.

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:06:02 -0700 (PDT)
Henry Schwan <owlswan at eff.org> wrote:

> Interesting.  Maybe someone should file suit against Adobe in Russia.
>
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Vladimir Katalov wrote:
>
> > And another issue. It seems that the only way to know what exactly is
> > allowed (for particular ebook) is to purchase (or just download, if it
> > is free) that book. I was not able to find any information about
> > restrictions, until the book is opened in Acrobat eBook Reader. As far
> > as I know (but that have to be confirmed), this is also a violation of
> > Russian law: the seller should give *all* information about
> > product/item (any one) features *prior* to purchase. Assuming that Adobe
> > is selling some books themselves... Please continue yourself ;)
> >
> > /Vladimir
> > vkatalov at elcomsoft.com

> --
> Regards,
>
> Henry Schwan
> Paralegal
> Electronic Frontier Foundation
> (415)436-9333 x114
> (415)436-9333 (fax)
> owlswan at eff.org

# We do not execute retarded people in Texas. #
#            We make them governor.           #