[free-sklyarov] CDR: Public Records in USA v. Sklyarov (fwd)

Alex Fabrikant alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 10 00:21:02 PDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Joe Barr wrote:
> Sealed to avoid placing any agents at risk during the investigation?
>
> Something stinks to high heaven here, but I can't quite put my nose on it.
<snip ref to cryptome public records copies>

I would guess that sealing the complaint during a criminal investigation
is standard procedure, but IANAL. Seems reasonable that, in the absence of
additional circumstances, the FBI would not want a criminal to know
they're after him. Whether or not they got a "criminal" this time around
is an orthogonal issue, really.

--
-alexf