[free-sklyarov] AMAZON & B&N: Frequently Asked Questions About e-Books

Vladimir Katalov vkatalov at elcomsoft.com
Tue Aug 14 03:49:08 PDT 2001

Hello,

Some interesting Q&A from there (especially the last ones):

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/516492/ref=br_bx_c_2_0/002-7169370-8124005

Q. Do you carry e-books that I can read on my Macintosh or Linux-based
system?
A. No. Amazon.com does not carry any e-book formats that are
compatible with Macintosh or Linux-based systems at this time.

Q. Can I order multiple copies of an e-book at once?
A. No. Unfortunately, we can only accept orders for a quantity of one.

Q. Can I pay for an e-book with a check?
A. No. E-books can only be purchased with a credit card at this time.

Q. Can I purchase an e-book as a gift?
A. At this time, e-books cannot be sent as gifts. E-book orders are
sent to the e-mail address on your Amazon.com customer account.

Q. What is the return policy for e-books?
A. E-books are nonreturnable.

Barnes & Noble:
http://ebooks.barnesandnoble.com/help/faq.asp

Q: Can I send an eBook as a gift?