[free-sklyarov] re: Celebs

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Thu Aug 16 15:17:48 PDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 10:59:39AM -0700, <> wrote:
> So, by Tom's explanation... By the rational that AUTHORS can copyright WORK
> THEY CREATED, The Church could copyright all DNA being that they are (in
> effect) Agents of God and have the authority over His work?

I don't think it extends to fictional beings. aside from that, there'll
probably be some trouble producing a court-acceptable document with the
copyright transfer. plus: THAT would definitely be an expired copyright.

tiny rant: how can stuff like DNA be anything but public domain?
spending 5 thoughts on the subject makes clear that any copyright,
trademark or patent on HUMAN DNA is just unbelievable stupid and
against all what those rights stand for. now we may talk about
engineered DNA, but human is just so obvious - nobody created or
invented it, so how can anyone claim patent or copyright protection?
the act of FINDING is NOT covered by any of those. I mean, columbus
didn't get a patent on america, did he?

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org