[free-sklyarov] A publisher that "gets it"

Stephen R. Savitzky steve at theStarport.org
Fri Aug 24 08:29:51 PDT 2001

I found this link on rec.music.filk:  http://www.baen.com/library/
Eric Flint's introduction is dead on.  Here's the first paragraph:

	 Baen Books is now making available -- for free -- a number of
    its titles in electronic format.  We're calling it the Baen Free
    Library.  Anyone who wishes can read these titles online -- no
    conditions, no strings attached. (Later we may ask for an extremely
    simple, name & email only, registration.) Or, if you prefer, you can
    download the books in one of several formats. Again, with no
    conditions or strings attached. (URLs to sites which offer the
    readers for these format are also listed.)

Just so there's no mistake, one of the formats offered is HTML; the
readers they link to are Netscape and MSIE.  They also offer RTF.

As I said, these guys get it.
--
 /   Steve Savitzky   \ 1997 Pegasus Award winner: best science song--+  \
/ <steve at theStarport.org>      http://theStarport.com/people/steve/   V   \